Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bin that Whiz-wheel! Free E6B Electronic Flight Computer (for Android)

…NOW FREE! – JamiesAviation E6BJA (E6B) Flight Computer (for Android) has just been released! View and solve Wind Triangle problems, Wind Correction Angle, Wind Components, Top of Descent/Descent rate calculator, Pressure and Density Altitude, Fuel, Turn calculator and much much more…

E6BJA on the Google Play store

[ allowed because it is a free product, but username changed because it contained a URL – admin ]

EGTF, United Kingdom

Looks great. Is it Free/Libre/Open Source Software, and did you consider putting it on F-Droid, for people that eschew Google Services on their devices and the terms of conditions / personal data collection of having a Google account?

ELLX

Do these things ever ‘migrate’ across to iOS?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

Good question I’m rather busy with work at the moment, but if there’s enough uptake with the Android version, I might make some time to port (re-write it) for the iOS (iPhone/iPad/Apple) platform.

All the best,
Jamie

Last Edited by JamiesAviation at 05 Sep 16:06
EGTF, United Kingdom

lionel wrote:

Looks great. Is it Free/Libre/Open Source Software, and did you consider putting it on F-Droid, for people that eschew Google Services on their devices and the terms of conditions / personal data collection of having a Google account?

Hi Lionel,

I just saw your post. I understand your thoughts/concerns about Google accounts and privacy. Whilst it might be possible to distribute the APK outside of the play store, the play store does offer a number of protections in screening for malware/security issues, which non-play store users would be exposed to.

The E6BJA app is free, but it is not opensource. This means that it is provided freely, but the source code is private. This is because, in my experience, when code is made opensource, yes there is development, but often private companies take the code and put it behind their paywall making it a commercial product.

Best,
Jamie

Last Edited by JamiesAviation at 07 Sep 13:39
EGTF, United Kingdom

E6BJA now has a Holding Pattern Computer — I released an updated version (v1.5) of the app a few days ago to include this feature. [ Existing users can simply upgrade to get the new feature ]

All the best,
Jamie

EGTF, United Kingdom

It’s here! The Apple version of E6BJA (for iPad, iPhone and iPodTouch) – the ultimate flight computer app for pilots!
Say goodbye to clunky whiz-wheel or flight computers and hello to the convenience and precision of E6BJA. This app is packed with powerful features and calculations, such as wind and diversion visualizer, holding pattern computer, descent calculator, glide calculator, and track correction calculator and much more.

E6BJA is perfect for student pilots, experienced pilots, and flight instructors alike. The intuitive user interface makes calculations simpler and quicker to perform, with less margin of error, better reproducibility and is less error-prone.

Our app is designed to be installed on your phone or tablet, making it easily accessible during flight planning and in-flight. With E6BJA, you’ll have all the tools you need to make confident and accurate calculations on the go.

Don’t miss out on this essential tool for all pilots. Download E6BJA today and experience the convenience and precision of digital flight computing.

Download from the Apple App store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/e6bja-e6b-cx3-flight-computer/id1667260381

EGTF, United Kingdom

Age limit starts at 4! I don’t know about your kids, but isn’t that aiming a bit too high?

Thanks for the effort taken! As a student I’ll have a closer look at it ..

Germany

Haha funny – that’s one of the ages set by the Apple store :-P

You’re welcome. Enjoy

EGTF, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message