Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA/UK approved ATOs outside Europe, and acceptance of EASA/UK training done outside Europe

DavidC wrote:

This is a good outfit – I have visited their base at Sebastian in Florida – but while they do EASA PPLs, their IR training is almost exclusively FAA. I heard they have had a handful of CBIR students from time to time but no student has completed a course. They would be more suited to providing the FAA IR which is later converted in Europe using the CBIR route, avoiding the need to take the EASA CBIR theory exams. They have applied to EASA to become a third party/foreign approved ATO. I don’t know their long term plans for their UK office at Gloucester.

I guess just their ability to provide a full FAA & EASA services plus crystal clear path from IMCr to FAA IR to EASA IR without having to do any EASA TK exams, but I can’t see anyone with CBIR TK exams going there?

Overall it’s more expensive route to CBIR but admittedly far more fun: spend a whole weeks flying in Florida (=vacation) rather than taking off-work holiday weeks (=no vacation) then having to “book hotel + approach + instructor + aircraft” everyday, plus cancel load of them due to UK weather

I was disappointed by the FBO service for ad-hoc rentals but I would have gone training with them !

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Dec 14:03
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

plus cancel load of them due to UK weather

Don’t UK ATOs teach IR students in actual instrument conditions? I did a fair bit of my FAA IR either at night or in actual.

Andreas IOM

Multiple threads on this highly relevant and interesting topic merged

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message