Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA Checkrides for Currency

I have an FAA PPL and will soon need my biennial checkride. Is there a place in the UK one can get this done? Farnborough?

I have a plan, and am working on getting my EU/CAA medical, to get an EASA PPL, which I think is required by April 2015, but I understand that this will be extended a year to 2016. If one gets checked out and receives an EASA PPL, does that, perchance, count as an FAA checkride, or do I also have to get one of those?

Last Edited by Baldeagle at 01 Dec 13:23
Fairoaks

To exercise the privilege of your FAA pilot certificate, you need to meet the requirements of 61.56. If a flight review is required, this must be conducted by an authorized instructor. Only an FAA Flight Instructor whose flight instructor certificate includes the aircraft category and class (and type if one is needed) may provide the flight review and endorsement.

c) Except as provided in paragraphs (d), (e), and (g) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft unless, since the beginning of the 24th calendar month before the month in which that pilot acts as pilot in command, that person has—
(1) Accomplished a flight review given in an aircraft for which that pilot is rated by an authorized instructor; and
(2) A logbook endorsed from an authorized instructor who gave the review certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed the review.
KUZA, United States

Does anyone know any FAA flight instructors in the South London-Surrey-Farnborough area?

Fairoaks

http://www.ipaviation.com/Company-profile

Iwan is a very friendly guy, I did a FAA BFR with him a few years ago and we met half way at North Weald, but I believe he is accommodating.

Or Bill Tollett at Oxford Link. Very nice guy.

EGTK Oxford

Thank you gentlemen. I will try at my own FBO and if no luck will try at one of your suggestions. I don’t need this until April.

Fairoaks
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message