Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The EIR - beginning to end

That is what I had in mind, just get the numbers from my PLOG as long as I fly it (approximately) it should be enough and easy to remember

For those wishing to IFR build time in UK OCAS, IFR flying has less to do with ATC clearance/cancel but rather entangled to the route (e.g. IFR = route comply with 1000ft obstacle, FL cruise levels…)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Sorry to high-jack the topic, how one goes about logging IFR PIC time on EASA EIR or IRR tickets before going via CBIR? any hard-coded rules or just do your best guest of the time you were flying IFR?

In class G you decide on the flight rules yourself. Basically you fly IFR when you feel like it, but I feel that any logging of IFR time must be defensible.

Personally, I log IFR time when I’m either in actual IMC or on an IFR flight plan. (Regardless of airspace class.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Practical exam tomorrow, fingers crossed! I took the PBN course in the mean time so I’ll be doing the IR with PBN.

EHTE, Netherlands

Good luck

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hope it went well for you today Bobo…

UK, United Kingdom

Yes! Passed with flying colours, now waiting for the paperwork to be processed. Gives me time to plan my first IFR trip. Could have all done it quicker and I probably should have, but hey! I’ve got a result.

EHTE, Netherlands

Congratulations!

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Congratulations Bobo!

Just a question about your PBN: Did you get a signature in your logbook that specifies that you have PBN? I also did my PBN and IR at once and didn’t get anything in the logbook, although the CAA verifies that they have my PBN on record.

ESME, ESMS

Hello, thanks! No mention in my logbook is made. The skilltest report that goes to the Dutch CAA includes PBN.

EHTE, Netherlands

I read yesterday that Europe-wide only 10 people did the EIR, by the time it was abandoned early this year.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message