Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB-IR / CB IR / CBIR (merged)

Snoopy wrote:

Recently, or old news? The CBIR rating does not exist. It is only IR.

I know that, but some people have reported here on EuroGA that their licenses do say “CBIR”. (I don’t feel it is worthwhile to dig up the posts.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ibra wrote:

the UK has now until 2022 to implement Part-FCL for gliding, while the rest of Europe pushed back on Part-FCL for gliding and things are now moving toward new “Part Gliding” a far better system (about what BGA), the UK will continue toward compliance with Part-FCL tough which is the worst of the two worlds

I have it on good authority that the UK CAA plans to return to the pre-EASA system with regards to gliding (devolving the whole lot back to the BGA). However, in the meantime we’ve (BGA glider inspectors) been forced to get EASA 66L maintenance licenses by the end of November, with barely 5 weeks left as an EASA country!

Andreas IOM

CB-IR in a glider?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

CB-IR in a glider?

Unfortunately no, I was told my 5h solo in clouds and 1h dual under the hood in gliders are not even IFR, so they can’t count as IR partial panel

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Nov 18:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

arj1 wrote:

Who has issued your license?
And where your ATO was registered?

UKCAA. EASA PPL

Snoopy wrote:

If they are a UK ATO they will need a Third Country approval after 31DEC20 to be EASA approved.

By the way, you can do the CB-IR theory at one ATO, they must issue you a theory course completion certificate (as you have already passed the exams, this is obsolete). You can then do the practical training at another ATO, anywhere in europe, where again you will be issued a course completion certificate.You can then take the practical exam with any examiner anywhere in EASA territory. Unless, after 31DEC20, you suddenly only have a national UK license, then this option is lost.

They are a UK ATO, with EASA approvals as far as I know.

I didn’t receive a course completion certificate, but I’ll be doing my application shortly and will get it electronically signed so that’s that complete and printing off my exam results. I plan on taking the rating in the UK anyway. As long as I’ve got an ICAO compliant IR at the end of this mission I am happy :)

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

They are a UK ATO, with EASA approvals as far as I know.

Also after 31DEC20?

It might not matter anyway, since UK CAA IR is in ICAO compliance?!

always learning
LO__, Austria

A little introductory article I did on the CB-IR might be of interest to some

Thanks for this!

EDDW, Germany

Alpha_Floor wrote:

Thanks for this!

Glad you like it!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks @Peter and friends for your support. After many years of (now and then) studying, I passed my IR yesterday evening.
You were my guide(s) and models.

LFLY, France
Sign in to add your message