Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB-IR / CB IR / CBIR (merged)

Snoopy wrote:

Congratulations, well done!

Thanks Snoopy

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Taking advantage of the £30 for 30 minutes of approaches offer at Southampton back in early September and whilst I originally wanted to try out the RNP (LPV RWY 02) as the aircraft had been fitted out with the technology and approvals for this type of approach, we managed to complete two ILS approaches in an attempt to get me back up to speed. I also managed to give a pleasant surprise to one of my passengers with a surprise destination for lunch, worked a treat and he loved GA.

Whilst this wasn’t my best-flown approaches to date, it was nice to get some more experience in as I look to improve my flying. It was nice to visit the Isle of Wight again, and Bembridge after many years of visiting Sandown. Nothing much was open sadly and finding food was of greater difficulty than we hoped, but we did find something to allow a safe flight home with full tanks.

Having now completed the ATO theory stage of the CBIR and only the PBN examination to complete, my interim focus shifts to now getting the huge backlog of 9 videos out with lots of IMC action and many pointers for self-debrief to make me a better pilot before embarking on the Pre-ATO phase of the IR. I am deeply excited about the flying phase and perfecting my flying to the required standards and far above.

I’ll also be writing up about my theory and some pointers for anyone that’s learning on my journey to the full IR. There’s a good schedule coming up, so don’t forget to subscribe and hit the notifications bell.

EGSG, United Kingdom

This is maybe an obvious question, but I prefer to ask in order to confirm my thoughts.
Is it possible (ie legal) to do the theory exams for the CBIR and the practical training in two different countries?
I mean, doing the theory training and exams in one country and doing the practical training and skill test in another one.

Switzerland

rschris wrote:

Is it possible (ie legal) to do the theory exams for the CBIR and the practical training in two different countries?

Absolutely! This is in fact quite normal. Your (passed) theoretical knowledge exams are valid in all EASA countries and all ATOs will have to accept them.

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

ErlendV wrote:

Absolutely! This is in fact quite normal. Your (passed) theoretical knowledge exams are valid in all EASA countries and all ATOs will have to accept them.

That’s what I was thinking Thank you for your reply!

Switzerland

rschris wrote:

I mean, doing the theory training and exams in one country and doing the practical training and skill test in another one.

And to add to Erlend, you can do

- the theory via an ATO in country A,
- the theoretical exams in country B,
- the practical training (30h non-ATO) in country C,
- the practical training in-ATO in country D,
- and the IR skill test in country E.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

I do wonder though will it change come 1st Jan for the likes of me on an EASA license in GBR.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Thank you for the add Snoopy

Switzerland

pilotrobbie wrote:

I do wonder though will it change come 1st Jan for the likes of me on an EASA license in GBR.

If you started it here in the UK, then you should be able to complete it here, but all multiple-country exams/ATO/test is no longer possible, @bookworm might know more.

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

If you started it here in the UK, then you should be able to complete it here, but all multiple-country exams/ATO/test is no longer possible, @bookworm might know more.

I’ve got the CBIR/EIR ATO theory in the bag. All exams passed.

Presume the UK will do a CAA CBIR?

EGSG, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message