Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB-IR / CB IR / CBIR (merged)

I second Airways Flygutbildning at ESOW, they are using DA40 and G1000. Basic rooms to rent at the flying club next door, if you’re on a budget.

ESOW, Sweden

CB IR in Vienna Austria

Hi everyone,

I am plannning to start CBIR in Vienna Austria in my own aircraft. Any ideas of a IR instructor or any other recommendations for an ATO?

best
Töre

Austria

Yes I can do that. I work with an ATO here. I will PM you.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Back in late January, I undertook what was supposed to be a first flight of many flights towards the EASA Instrument Rating using a combination of training and EASA IR(R). This flight was one of the most enjoyable to date, I usually take passengers but this was my first solo in some rather very British weather…

Quite a confidence booster, then other than circuits haven’t flown since :x

In other news, I have passed 4 of the 7 exams, before the CAA closed down due to the Pandemic.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 10 May 09:04
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

After a fair bit of planning to navigate to Oxford for lunch, the weather deteriorated meaning we wouldn’t get to fly till later that evening. We flew to Lydd, flew an ILS then flew back to Stapleford via Southend to get some more practice in with the new avionics. A quality flight in the summer’s heat. Don’t forget to subscribe and click on the notifications bell!

EGSG, United Kingdom

A little trip I did back in August, flying through some traditional British Summer weather with an ILS thrown in for good measure. Combination of manual flying and autopilot to ensure I was on top of the situation at all times. Inspired a buddying aviator to do his ATPL’s and is starting with CAE Oxford next year having passed the tests a month or so after this flight.

In terms of my progress for the CB-IR. I am to complete the exams hopefully soon, then work can start on the practical side of the IR once Winter has passed (NON-FIKI aircraft) and gain that dream rating of mine.

I will be renewing the IMCR soon, so plenty of IAPs coming up…..

In other news, the ATC audio static issue has been fixed and you’ll hear digital quality soon!

EGSG, United Kingdom

Many factors delayed me from getting the theoretical knowledge in the bag, but happy to say after many stressful hours of studying I’ve gone and passed the lot.

I’ll be making a plan to get the full IR by Spring 2021, depending on how the flight training goes. :thumleft:

EGSG, United Kingdom

Excellent; congratulations!

Keep us informed on your progress.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Excellent; congratulations!

Keep us informed on your progress.

Thank you!

Will do, will be writing a report for it so will share that too.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 06 Nov 19:46
EGSG, United Kingdom

Congratulations, well done!

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message