Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First EasyJet assessment - what does it include?

I recently applied at easyJet for a first officer position in Switzerland. Today I received an email inviting me for an online assessment I have to do in the next 7 days. The email doesn’t say anything about the nature of the questions that will be included so I decided to ask you guys if you know what I shall prepare for it. Is it general questions or is it the ATPL stuff that was on the EASA exam? Or something else?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
EDDS - Stuttgart

Good luck, Vladimir! Don’t forget to tell them that you are passionate about aviation and really eager to learn, as your active participation in the quality forum of EuroGA shows..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I recommend practicing this game: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/missilegame3d
No joke!

I wouldn’t mention small aircraft too much, airlines mostly think that is suspicious and will make you less standardizable.

Reply honestly when it comes to the personality questions (how would you react to this and that…). It is rather a “lie detector” than really to find out who you are. They will ask the same questions worded slightly differently, and it is impossible to keep track what you answered 20 questions ago. You then get scored on contradicting answers.

Do you have a Swiss passport? If not, it will be a huge negative point for the selection (so I’ve heard), be prepared for that.

Rwy20 wrote:

They will ask the same questions worded slightly differently, and it is impossible to keep track what you answered 20 questions ago. You then get scored on contradicting answers.

And if you pass all tests and they invite you for the interview face-to-face, they will ask you the same (or similar) questions again. So answer only what you really think and not what you think they want to hear from you.

The same with your CV. Some airline interviewers will search for “contradictions” in your CV and ask nasty questions about them. Example: One of our students had a completely different job before starting his flight training. In his CV he wrote (dates are fictuous): May 2005 – July 2009 – Worked as dispatcher with logistics company XYZ. He attached a certificate of employment of company XYZ, which unfortunately read: Employed from May 2005 – June 2009. In the interview, they bluntly asked him: “Why are you lying to us in your CV?” When he wanted to know what his “lie” was, they told him about the discrepancy in the employment dates. He said: “That must be a mistake then.” The interviewer told him: “A large company like XYZ does not make mistakes. So it must either be your mistake or you are trying to lie. We don’t employ liars and we don’t employ pilots who make mistakes.” And that was it. (He is now flying an Airbus for a different – better! – company…)

Last Edited by what_next at 12 Oct 15:17
EDDS - Stuttgart

He said: “That must be a mistake then.” The interviewer told him: “A large company like XYZ does not make mistakes. So it must either be your mistake or you are trying to lie. We don’t employ liars and we don’t employ pilots who make mistakes.” And that was it. (He is now flying an Airbus for a different – better! – company…)

That’s as good as randomly chucking out 90% of all CVs because nobody wants to employ unlucky people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

what_next wrote:

Here is a site on the net with some information about it

Looks good, will check it out.

Rwy20 wrote:

I recommend practicing this game

Will look at it as well. On the site by what_next a very similar one was shown as one of the assessment tasks.

what_next wrote:

we don’t employ pilots who make mistakes

Then they don’t have any pilots as pilots are humans and humans make mistakes, all of them. Important is to understand them, fix them and try to avoid repeating them. And learning from the mistakes of others. And that would be my answer to them if they come with such a statement.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

And that would be my answer to them if they come with such a statement.

A decent company would accept that as an excellent answer.

If you manage to pass the first stage (this online assessment) go to a preparatory course before taking the next steps. Everybody else does it and if you are the only one who has not taken the course you will be the first one to be kicked out. No matter how good you are. Especially for the simulator screening you need some training. Find out which simulator (or FNPT) they use and what airport is used for the test and get an hour of training beforehand.

EDDS - Stuttgart

So I did the assessment and I can give some feedback.

• Verbal reasoning: don’t lose your time making the exercises from latestpilotjobs.com – the actual assessment gives you the text in a completely different way, gives you only 6 minutes for 18 questions (much shorter than the examples at latestpilotjobs.com) and the questions are pretty different in my opinion.
  • Numerical reasoning: the test is the same as on latestpilotjobs.com but also with very short duration.
  • Multitasking: the test is pretty similar to latestpilotjobs.com so it’s a good preparation.
  • Eye/movement coordination: forget the example at latestpilotjobs.com, it’s too simple. Play the game given by Rwy20.
  • Spacial awareness: the test is similar to latestpilotjobs.com so it’s a good preparation.

I think the assessment is sent to everyone who applies at easyJet because I got an email saying that they will now review my CV, so getting invited for the assessment does not mean anything. Unfortunately I don’t think I did well enough on the verbal reasoning (I answered only about half the questions) and the numerical reasoning (they were all correct but I got a complicated one which ate most of the 3 minutes I had, so I didn’t answer a lot of those). I think I did well on the others, so who knows, maybe it will work.

Thanks to what_next and Rwy20 for the links, they were both helpful.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message