Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight of passage - Tell the truth - what did you do for hour building?

Airborne_Again wrote:

In my case we went to Oslo International Airport which at that time was Fornebu (ENFB). Gardermoen (ENGM) was still an airbase.

Good for you. ENFB was also part of my long cross country, as were ENNO and ENSN (? Skien). ENGM was where I did most of my T&G, EFATO etc. It was always open to civilian traffic and was the charter airport for Oslo because of the longer runways compared to Fornebu.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 28 Nov 20:00
LFPT, LFPN

The day I got my EASA PPL license I immediately send a copy to the FAA to get a restricted pilot license. 3 months later I did a flight review and checkout in a Piper Tomahawk in Greenwood/Indianapolis and went on a cross-country trip to Memphis and then Atlanta, then back again via Nashville. An American friend of mine was flying with me and I remember when he asked me what other long trips I’ve done so far. You can imagine he was a little surprised by me telling him that the flight he’s on is going to be the longest :) We did a few other trips back then and this summer we met again to continue where we left off.

RobertL18C wrote:

One instructor I know ensures students get a rounded experience, including cross channel and getting clearances through major international controlled airspace such as Stansted.

I don’t know how the (EASA) rules are today regarding this, but when I got my PPL it was a requirement to plan and make a trip that included stops at two commercial airfields, one with AFIS and one with CTR. My home airfield is an international airfield. Not ever did I fly to a small uncontrolled private airfield, or learned the normal approach for such a field or short field techniques. This is rather odd, because this is where most of the flying is done with light aircraft (except training for PPL) with a dozen small airfields in the area.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message