Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ATP Skill Test. Europe or US

I just done my ATP practical. I did my written test at FlightSafety in Paris in July 2014.

For the practical I used Europe-American Aviation in Naples, FL. (called Skystead on Facebook).

They have Diamond G1000 aircrafts. Both SE and ME. I flew a DA-42. Price PR hrs $458 + $80 for instructor…. ouuugh. BUT their DA-42 sim was only $200 pr hour incl instructor.

I used the sim for 4.4 hrs to get used to all possible approaches and failures and then I spent 5.4 hrs in the real aircraft incl examination.

I came out incl all (airfares, rental cars, food, hotel, examier fee on $650) just shy of $5000.

As I already had FAA CPL MEL IR that meant that no VISA for flt trng in the US was required. That saved me properly $150-200.

Be aware that their is a need for DPEs in Florida at the moment. A lot of pre-2014 ATP writ tens need to do their practical now. This means DPEs are very very difficult to book as they can max do two examinations a day. And maybe that’s why the big ALL-ATP school has raise the price to $5495 + examiners fee.

Cheers FD

Float Driver

Neither US nor Europe ATP. It’s all about China (while Europe keeps declining and resting on its laurels)
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/chinaatpl/

United States

Do you have to learn Chinese?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message