Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Home Simulator

Question to sim experts: is there a multi crew desktop simulator? Two persons at two locations sharing one aircraft with simulated intercom?

LPFR, Poland

greg_mp wrote:

There is certificate to get, I believe after a form to fill correctly, and an online course to follow, and then I believe you can start on small controlled airport during mid morning or afternoon when there is no chance of congestion. Then you accumulate hours and you grow on the ATC scale, like on the pilot side btw.
It is just sometimes surprising because there are very skilled people sometimes, that correct your flight plan on the fly While managing ground and approach with a very local accent – exactly the same as in real – and very proficient, and the same flight while landing on a place you selected to have a controlled arrival, you find the young one, it’s very strange – for someone that really flies.

Coming back on this, actually i’m talking about IVAO and not VATSIM.

And I’m so sad, I think I actually fried my GPU making pattern on FF320. Got a crash and now artifacts on screen. Ran a video memory test that failed…

LFMD, France

loco wrote:

I recently came across the Hot Start TBM900 for X-Plane model

This looks really interesting actually as my TBM class rating is coming up early next year. I’ve never run X-Plane. Does it take a lot of other addons to make the sim function properly? FSX was just a pain unless you invested a considerable amount of time/money.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

NorFlyer wrote:

Does it take a lot of other addons to make the sim function properly?

You can download the demo for free. It runs well on my mid 2015 macbook pro.

always learning
LO__, Austria

X-Plane and Hotstart TBM is very realistic. You need no add-ons that I am aware of. X-Aviation is the place to go.

EBKT

I am using X-Plane 10 with the AirfoilLabs 172 to complement my real life ME-IR training. In fact, it’s flight simulators that got me into aviation in 2005 (first using FS2000, then FS2004, then FSX and finally X-Plane). For a while I was keeping both FSX and X-Plane on my system but I’ve now gone fully X-Plane as I believe it’s the better of the two and nowadays the add-on market for XP is excellent (addons used to be the only reason to use FSX).

I was actually very positively surprised to learn that the “X-430” (the G430 replica within X-Plane), is actually very good. It does couple well to the autopilot, and will do RNAV approaches too! This helps with my PBN training.

Without wanting to hijack the thread… anybody knows of a good DA42 and/or G1000 implemenation for XP 10 (or if must be, XP 11 and I will upgrade…) ?

EDDW, Germany

@loco

Question to sim experts: is there a multi crew desktop simulator? Two persons at two locations sharing one aircraft with simulated intercom?

Of course, there are several options both for X-Plane and FS. Are you interested in any particular aircraft or simulator?

Cheers

Last Edited by speed at 23 Dec 19:50
Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Without wanting to hijack the thread… anybody knows of a good DA42 and/or G1000 implemenation for XP 10 (or if must be, XP 11 and I will upgrade…) ?

The only proper G1000 that I’ve come across is the one from Flight1Tech, but it’s only available for P3D. The only reason I’m still using P3D, I prefer XP otherwise…

http://www.flight1tech.com/consumer

I use it extensively for my IR training and it’s brilliant.

Da62 has a g1000 that is incomplete but not too bad for ifr training on a da42.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 28 Dec 22:14
LFMD, France

These crack me up a little bit:

Last Edited by Arne at 14 Jan 00:14
ESMK, Sweden
Sign in to add your message