Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

C525 "Citation Jet" Rating

Hi all,
I am looking for information concerning obtaining a C525 rating. Maybe some contacts, ATO recommendations and other must knows when pursuing this. Any training hints also welcome (is there software out there, study guides etc..)
Highly appreciate your input!

Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi Snoopy,
send me a PM please. I can point you to a friend who does it.

Do it in a simulator not the aircraft. It will be cheaper and better IMHO. FSI are expensive but good and recognised by insurers.

Last Edited by JasonC at 09 Mar 18:57
EGTK Oxford

I wonder if Starwings (or somebody in a nearby building) in Dortmund do this? I had a sim session there last year, in a C525 I believe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My colleagues who fly the CitationJet go there since some years: http://www.aviationacademy.at/m167/c525-initial.html
It is close to Vienna and seems to offer good quality training for the money.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Thanks for the replies.
So far I found out AAA from close by charge €13000 (plus 20% tax), they operate a Level-A sim.

Heard FSI is hit or miss depending on the people on duty.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Heard FSI is hit or miss depending on the people on duty.

For the last 8 years I have been training with them (C550/560) and so far it was all hits, no misses. My initial type rating I did with CAE and that was comparable to FSI.

Bear in mind that you get better deals from all these training facilities if your training is booked by the company that is going to employ you (if that applies to you).

EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

For the last 8 years I have been training with them (C550/560) and so far it was all hits, no misses.

Me too. They are excellent.

EGTK Oxford

DSA in Hradec Králové, Czech Republic offers a C525 rating. Unfortunately, the price is not listed on their web site, but their prices are generally quite reasonable.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Thanks to all for the information. Inquiries are sent.

always learning
LO__, Austria
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message