Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ME/IR and SE/IR

Qalupalik wrote:

No, you may use any AME

You are correct. I have clarified that I could continue renewal of my medical at the AME of choice.
This seems to be a solution to my stated problem.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

robirdus wrote:

I will need to find an AMC in Austria

No, you may use any AME. The non-Austrian AME will create an account in the European Aero-Medical Repository for you. Similar to derek, my medical certificate has the emblem for the Cypriot DCA which authorised the AME, though the pilot licence was issued by Denmark. The licensing authority and pilot licence number are both recorded on the medical.

London, United Kingdom

derek wrote:

I know for rating renewals and revalidation there can be differences. The French require an examiner who is on their list, but the Danish do not, so I believe I can use any EASA examiner. (I use one who has an Irish licence.)

I have done DGAC revalidation with CAA examiner not on the list, he can’t sign straight away, you have to wait 3 weeks for the rating to get updated…peaking of revalidation tests not initials/renewals with ATO, my understanding:

• Some EASA states allow foreign instructor & examiners to directly sign on ratings
  • All EASA examiners can do revalidation as long as you can send papers his and yours to FCL NAA
Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Apr 08:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

robirdus wrote:

I will need to find an AMC in Austria?

Did you mean AME? (Aeromedical Examiner)

I don’t know the definitive answer, but I have a Danish licence and use an AME who is registered with AustroControl and get an AustroControl issued medical certificate that works fine with my Danish licence.

I know for rating renewals and revalidation there can be differences. The French require an examiner who is on their list, but the Danish do not, so I believe I can use any EASA examiner. (I use one who has an Irish licence.)

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

Finally I have the answer from Austrocontrol, they can issue the IR if I transfer my license. That is good news.
I need to transfer my medical as well, it seems.
If I understand it well, I will need to find an AMC in Austria?

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

Emir wrote:

You can also check with Croatian CAA. Sometimes they are not easy to deal with but on the other issues they are surprisingly cooperative. If you need any help, send me PM.

Thanks, Emir! I’ll now investigate first with Austrocontrol, but I’ll keep Croatia in mind as an option. I’ll keep all of you updated.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

You can also check with Croatian CAA. Sometimes they are not easy to deal with but on the other issues they are surprisingly cooperative. If you need any help, send me PM.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for the hints guys. Gives me back the hope that there is a way to get that IR somehow. This is a kafkian story, because there is no reason to act like this from NAA side. I am browsing now through the option of BIR and then will check with Austrocontrol.

Last Edited by robirdus at 24 Feb 20:55
LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

robirdus wrote:

ATO is not authorized to perform competency based SEIR training

Which ATO was it?

robirdus wrote:

Answer was that I should have requested the SE/IR when I first received ME/IR.

FCL.620.A IR — Skill test

(b) Applicants who have completed a skill test for a multi-engine IR
in a single-pilot multi-engine aeroplane for which a class rating is
required shall also be issued with a single-engine IR for the
single-engine aeroplane class or type ratings that they hold.

Moved recently from FCL.620 point (c) with no change to the text. It’s highly unreasonable for the competent authority to abrogate this duty on the basis of the six month time limit in FCL.015 point (f). Is there an appeal process? You might raise a complaint with EASA which is responsible, iaw art 85 in the Basic Regulation, for assisting the Commission in monitoring Member States to ensure that rule like this one are applied uniformly.

In the mean time, you might ask Austrocontrol whether it would be willing to issue these privileges were you to change the state of the licence. Austria expressed dissatisfaction with the wording of FCL.620 in its comments on NPA 2014-29(A), comment 497 point 6 on p 10 of CRD 2014-29(A) (link). Note that FCL.620(b) mentioned in the comment is now located at FCL.620.A point (a).

Appendix to Opinion 05/2017 — CRD to NPA 2014-29(A)
2. Individual comments and response

6. FCL.620 (b) – Obtaining SE IR privileges when passing an ME IR skill test

Comment:
FCL.620 (b) does not clarify whether or not SE IR privileges shall be
endorsed when the pilot has passed the skill test for the issue of a
ME IR.

Justification: JAR-FCL 1.180 (a) contained a clear rule saying that
holders of a ME IR are entitled to act as pilot on ME and SE
aeroplanes operated under IFR. This was the basis to endorse SE IR
privileges e.g. to a pilot holding SEP and MEP class ratings who had
passed a ME IR skill test. A general sentence similar to JAR-FCL 1.180
is missing in Part-FCL. FCL.620 (b) on the contrary and by its
explicit wording requires an SE aircraft to be used for obtaining SE
IR privileges, and a ME aircraft to be used for obtaining a ME IR.
During the 9th Aircrew Standardisation Meeting held in Cologne in
December 2013 Austria had raised a respective question on whether or
not FCL.620 (b) is to be understood in such way that it would be
possible to continue as it was the case under JAR-FCL 1.180. The
answer by the Agency given in the Meeting Minutes (refer to page 11,
question #9-83) was YES.

Proposal: The content of JAR-FCL 1.180 should be taken over to
Part-FCL by making a respective amendment to Subpart G Section 2.

The response from EASA, pp 18-19 point 6, was:

Not accepted.

The wording will not be changed but the crediting will be possible due
to the amended Appendix 8.

London, United Kingdom

I wonder if I could get that damned SE-IR in an other country without this additional useless training

Really sorry to hear, what a s***t show, don’t your CAA/ATO publish approved courses?

Maybe the least hassle is what I suggested previously via BIR (skill-test in EU) or FAA (paper exam in US), then SEIR with EASA IRE, no ATO !

https://www.euroga.org/forums/student-pilots/9360-me-ir-and-se-ir/post/328371#328371

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Feb 19:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
112 Posts
Sign in to add your message