Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPL/LAPL exam at driving exam facilities

This has gone by unnoticed by me. From Sept 3 this year it will be possible to take PPL, LAPL and radio telephony exams at the same facilities where driving license theory exams are taken. The exams has also gone from paper to fully digital (finally).

According to Norway CAA the number of places to take the exam has increased by 700 percent, and the number of days per year to take the exam has increased by 200 per year It is also literally a “drop in” thing. Any day, any time of day (some time before closing hours though), and you can take any exams you want.

Finally the theory exam procedures have moved into the 21st century

How is this other places?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Digital theoretical exams at driving exam facilities are in use in The Netherlands since January 2017.

Digital exams (PEXO prov) have been around in Sweden since long before I started flying (2014). Also, you can do them at any place where there is a computer, as long as one of the inspectors is present.

Here is a demo of the system: http://ts-demo.lplus-teststudio.de/webtrainer-assistent/DemoAgreement.aspx?id=1

Last Edited by Dimme at 28 Aug 17:58
ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

as long as one of the inspectors is present.

The correct English word for “provvakt” is actually “invigilator”. Has quite a ring to it, hasn’t it?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I was most surprised they haven’t even switched to digital exams before now.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Airborne_Again wrote:

The correct English word for “provvakt” is actually “invigilator”. Has quite a ring to it, hasn’t it?

Still better than inquisitor

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice word, it sounds like it’s out of a James Bond movie

Last Edited by Dimme at 28 Aug 18:39
ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

Nice word, it sounds like it’s out of a James Bond movie

The first time I saw it was on an English-language web page of the Swedish CAA! I had to look it up before I actually trusted it to be correct.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Aug 07:42
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message