Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Suggestion for a fuel and night stop in France Or Italy

Rather than stop at Cannes for a second time I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a good airport in France / Northern Italy for:-

1) Customs / Immigration – we are traveling from Losinj LDLO
2) Reasonably priced AVGAS. (Have BP Card but not Total)
3) Close to a town / nice hotel for night stop.

Any recomdations appreciated. :-)

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

I like Avignon. A beautiful city, the airport is not far and uncomplicated.

Generally, Avgas is quite a bit more expensive in Italy than in France. But it depends. Albenga is currently quite cheap on the fuel (2,04€), almost on French levels. Very nice airport, take a taxi to Alassio, which is great.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

How about Lyon Bron? It has everything that you mentioned, and you eat very well in the city’s “Bouchons” (which denotes the small local restaurants, not traffic jams in this case).

Different idea – if you cared for some mountain flying – stop at LOIH Hohenems (Avgas @ 1,90 €)
Close to Dornbirn (4km) and Lake Bodensee (12km). Have customs/immigration with 90min notice.

Routing a bit more work. Very scenic, though.

EDM_, Germany

My vote is on Avignon too. Very good restaurant on the field. Hotel right next door. Customs, IAP, a very seeworthy town close by, availability of rental car, very reasonable fees. IIRC the fuel is AirBP. The prices in France are closer to 1.75 than 2.04 €/l.

LFPT, LFPN

I second Bosco. Albenga is as straight forward as things could be. Alassio is a very lively town 7 min. by taxi and there is no comparison with regards to food.

LSZH

Many thanks Guys…greatly appreciated. Will check them out and report back!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message