Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Suggestion for a September fly in to Oxford EGTK

There hasn’t yet been much in the way of UK based fly-ins – we have to admit that we can’t really compete with Croatia or Greece for beautiful weather!

But there are some great destinations, and Oxford is one of them. It’s easily accessible for UK pilots and only 2-3 hours flying time from Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam or western Germany. Oxford Airport has a reputation as a really good GA field with long opening hours (0600-2230 local, 7/7), no mandatory handling for light GA and reasonable landing/parking charges.

There is already a fly in to Greece in early September, so as an initial suggestion I’d propose the weekend of 23-24 September. It would be a good finale to the summer flying season. Although (probably because) I’m based only 25 minutes flying time away from Oxford, I’ve never landed there myself, so would probably fly rather than drive. Interested?

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

There’ll be a lot of offer then since Bordeaux seems to be on the way either
Bordeaux Fly-in

France

That fly-in is to LFCS which doesn’t have immigration so is a less than useful stop for UK pilots going further down, for the Greek fly-in a week later.

Oxford and Cambridge are outstanding city locations in the UK. Oxford has better opening hours of the two.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good idea, it is I think one of the best GA friendly yet professional UK airports. With good facilities and a C172 is treated like a G-V.

I will have to go up and do a circuit to fly in however….

EGTK Oxford

I would certainly do an Oxford one (weather permitting, although generally Sept/Oct seems to be the most settled in recent years in the North West!)

Andreas IOM

Meee tooo

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You can also count me in. Crossing the channel is always fun.

EBGB

I would love to, but have a baby due 10 Oct. Wouldn’t be happy going away that close.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message