Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Summer flying - have people managed to get out much?

Flying around over the summer I have to say that I have seen pretty light levels of GA activity given how good the weather has been. Still quite a bit of training but not much private flying. Since April, how much flying have people been doing?

EGTK Oxford

about 90 hrs since getting the aircraft back from it's repaint at the very beginning of April. A better summer than the last two years!

About 70 hours so far this year, a good year indeed.

Only about 10 hours since the spring - economy, weather and time all conspiring to restrict aviation

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

In Germany, from the very beginning of july to the very end of august, the weather was outstanding, almost record-like. May and june were rather poor though and september was average. All in all, definitely one of the "better" summers.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

A good year so far - I am over 130hrs since January.

Currently we have the nice high pressure - unfortunately it is bringing fairly low cloud to a lot of the UK.

The best year I remember was 2003, but that was rare.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I've averaged about 5 hours a month as PIC, and 5 as passenger in the RHS, and most of the places I have wanted to go to I have done (including La Rochelle early on in the summer period). The only one that eludes me is Deauville, I think three times I have cancelled due to my work project commitments, once due to my pilot buddies work commitments, and twice due to weather - though we have only been trying for Friday afternoons thus far.

Been quite lucky a few times where I got back from wherever just before forecast heavy rain, but as always, summer (at least in the UK) does not equal 3 months of perfect, glorious and always flyable weather. The IMCr has made most flights possible, where otherwise they might not have been.

I've done less than usual - I saved time to go to Fly-ins and then didn't due to high winds these weekends. I prefer winter flying and expect to make up my hours.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Prop strike on the 5th May. Aircraft returned to service 16th September. Whose idea was this thread?

Forever learning
EGTB

Prop strike on the 5th May. Aircraft returned to service 16th September. Whose idea was this thread?

Oops. So that would be zero then?

EGTK Oxford
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message