Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Swiss pilot emergency landing at ENVA (and flying after a big prop strike)

Just saw this today in the local news. A Swiss pilot did an emergency landing following a rather confusing and weird trip.

Look at the propellers !

Short translation: They came from Berlin. Tried to land in Umeå (Sweden), but couldn’t make it and headed west to Norway. There they refused to do what the ATC instructed them. They tried to land in Leknes (Lofoten), but didn’t have their wheels out. Made some scratches in the runway (and bent the propellers) headed up and south. Then over Brønnøysund they refused to do what the ATC told them aigain, and headed to Trondheim (ENVA) where they eventually landed (a nice landing according to the article )

Pilot and passenger where sent to Germany, the plane remain here (probably for a long while)

What kind of crazy pilot is that? any news about this from Germany/Switzerland ?

Last Edited by LeSving at 25 Jul 08:35
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I once thought my hangar neighbor had bent his propeller blades. Turned out that Hartzell sell those weird looking props.

Last Edited by achimha at 25 Jul 08:53

Q-tip propellers, not bent.

Q-tip propellers, not bent.

A quick Google search finds HB-LTJ as possible candidate for the aircraft in the opening posting (Seneca V, the same ugly colour scheme which I guess not many customers would have chosen and HB- registered). It has straight propellers in every other photo that google shows me.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Had to go down and look for myself. Definitely no Q-Tip propeller All the blades on both propeller are the same. Then he went on to fly from Lofoten to Værnes. Some lucky guy for sure

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Had to go down and look for myself.

So no Swiss registration as one could imply from the newspaper article. With that ugly registration the pilot obviously sold his soul to the devil for the special protection required for his kind of flying
On flightradar24 the last flight can still be seen. It shows some very weird zig-zagging at one point, but this may of course be due to some ADS-B coverage issue.

EDDS - Stuttgart

It doesnt bear thinking about.

I met an Avonor guy there also. Their morning meeting was about this aircraft. didn’t respond to ATC. He was ordered to land at Brønnøysund, but didn’t. The news called it “language related problems” Apparently it a Swiss guy in his 60-70s flying with his 18 year old grand daughter (or something). Have to figure out how to display it on FR24.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Have to figure out how to display it on FR24.

Try this link (which will most probably only work briefly): https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n666nn/#e36b6b5

EDDS - Stuttgart

Thanks. I agree, the track could be due to erratic coverage.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
52 Posts
Sign in to add your message