Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tannkosh 2013 -- who's coming?

EDHE

That's the fault of the German police. They closed down the airfield for hours.

The cold front turned out to be a hoax. No rain at all but sunshine. Now the live music starts. Having a great time!

really well organized.

There's room for improvement, IMO. A two hour runway closure at an event of this size would have warranted a NOTAM and/or notice on their webpage.

Also, phoning everyone with a flight plan and telling them they're unwelcome because the "airport is overloaded" isn't overly friendly.

LSZK, Switzerland

...cold front approaching.

Here (about 50NM west) it is already through, the sun is shining again. I can't go to Tannheim because I must work tomorrow.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Runway open again, cold front approaching, a lot of pilots waiting for departure. Over 700 aircraft here, really well organized.

It appears that a tailwheel double decker did a ground loop after touchdown and crashed into the sideline, tearing the tail of a Katana apart. Police helicopter, rescue helicopter. The rumor is that the pilot is allright but a person on the ground got severely injured but without immediate danger. Runway still closed for unknown reason.

< sarcasm > great trip < / sarcasm >

I was doing my run-up with an accepted VFR flight plan, when the C office called me on the radio that München has called Zürich that they won't accept me.

Apparently there was an accident on the runway, causing closure of Tannheim.

There's no info on the homepage (news section) or NOTAM...

LSZK, Switzerland

I hoping to be there. As a plain old vanilla PPL holder it will all be weather dependant. Making a bit of a trip of it. Leaving UK on Wednesday and flying to Berlin, then flying down to Tannkosh on the Friday.

EGXY, United Kingdom

Hi Ultranomad - Thanks very much... We'll be arriving in Prague early afternoon on September 10th (a Tuesday) and leaving late afternoon on September 12th. I don't know if you're available during that short mid-week window but it would be fun to meet. We were thinking either the 10th or 12th for the museum.

(Sorry for the thread hijack!)

Silvaire, when will you be in Prague? If I am in town, I'll be glad to keep you company at least for that museum, it's an interesting place.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message