Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TBM 900... Nice movie!

Best watched in HD and Full screen…

Last Edited by lenthamen at 10 Jun 22:28

The problem with single engine is that the radome looks so ugly

The screens are way too bright for my taste… that is sure going to prevent any night adaptation…

LSZK, Switzerland

tom, they are adjustable….

EGTK Oxford

Yeah, if it wasn’t for the screen brightness issue, I would swap my TR182 for a TBM900…

Yes – a good movie for a very good plane.

I flew the TBM850 for an hour or two with one of their factory pilots and it was really easy to fly, including an ILS down to 200ft on the first landing. Very similar approach etc speeds to a TB20, especially if like me you fly the TB20 a bit too fast

The radar location on the left is a puzzle because had it been on the other side it would have helped to counteract the problem which you get if you apply full power at Vs e.g. on a go-around.

The TBM is a great aircraft and for some amazing reason it has no competition in that specific sector.

I almost wrote that it is a rare movie because it shows the people there working but I thought better of it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s true that it doesn’t have a direct competitor. However there are good planes that are close enough that they make the TBM’s market segment narrow, which probably doesn’t make it viable to create a direct match.
They are beautiful planes. I’m like Tom, if it wasn’t for the screen brightness issue…

EGTF, LFTF

A friend of mine just received his TBM900. I went to check it out on the ground last weekend. The most prominent difference from the 850 is definitely the propeller – the 5 blades are huge. Also the panel has become really neat & clean – even the backups are glass; the panel looks purpose-built, unlike some of the glass Pipers with a lot of awkward empty space around.

I always felt the TBM design was kinda bland, but the half-winglets does freshen it up a bit. The performance is like a Ferrari, though – the damn thing will do > 320kts, FL310 and > 1500nm range.

They are lovely aircraft but very expensive vs say a Mustang.

the damn thing will do > 320kts, FL310 and > 1500nm range.

Just not all at the same time….!

EGTK Oxford

…and for some amazing reason it has no competition in that specific sector.

Pilatus PC12?

EDDS - Stuttgart

They are lovely aircraft but very expensive vs say a Mustang

Affirmative – he mentioned a list price around USD3.7m.

37 Posts
Sign in to add your message