Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Texel Fly-in 5-7 September 2014

Texel Fly-In will be organized for all General Aviation at Texel International Airport 5, 6 and 7 September 2014.
For the 6th time running, Texel International Airport (EHTX) will be hosting the Texel Fly-In for GA pilots, aircraft and enthusiasts. Texel International Airport is located on one of the beautiful Wadden Islands that border the NW of The Netherlands.
The Texel Fly-In is the largest fly-in event in The Netherlands. In the past, hundreds of pilots and their aircraft – and let’s not forget, their guests – have joined fellow pilots from all around Europe for a fun-soaked and good spirited weekend. This year we expect at least 300 aircraft (weather permitting of course). What makes the Texel Fly-In so special is the congenial atmosphere. You can camp under the wing(s) of your plane, something many pilots eagerly take advantage of. Texel Airport, a special place where pilots and other aviation enthusiasts get together.

Ed de Bruijn (director of Texel International Airport) about the Fly-In: “We are honoured that the largest Fly-In of The Netherlands returns to our airport. The contribution by various aviation organisations has raised this event to an unsurpassed level. Remember, as aviators we are all involved, therefore everybody is invited. So, please join us at the 6th Texel Fly-In!”

Date: 5-7 September
Airport: Texel International Airport

@Peter if you come, come to EHKD. This has all the facelities you want. But if you can land without ILS/MLS, Texel International Airport meets also your demands. It has a grass runway with lava stones in the ground for good water drainage and we have hard concrete parking. The beaches are also to die for. PM me if you come.

This coincides precisely with the EuroGA fly-in to Calvi, Corsica. See the banner at the top of the EuroGA forum.

Last Edited by Peter at 14 Aug 06:55
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Indeed Peter. I am sorry. I didn’t realize your fly-in is at the same date. I wish you all a happy fly-in.
Maybe you can come next year. It’s always the first weekend of september.

Corsica is out of the way for me, so I was considering coming. Then I realised that with no transponder it would be a difficult flight – below 1200’ and with all that industrial and built-up area around Rotterdam to cross – then I realised that I don’t have an ELT either so Dutch airspace is closed to me. A pity indeed!

Last Edited by at 15 Aug 10:45
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Who cares about the ELT requirement?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Jan, you fill pages with what you and your microlight can not do. There are people flying all around the earth in microlights. Just do it

Just do it

“Befehl ist Befehl” is from our grandfathers’ days…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I once organized a little fly-in on a Dutch airfield, years ago. The weather was bad, so not all that promised to come, made it.
Then, after we thought all had arrived, we heard a buzzing sound somewhere in the fog. Then we saw a ‘Jan Olieslagers’ type of aircraft sailing in.
He came from the UK.. Big bearded guy. Beard all frozen up. His first words: ‘Rather cold up there.. And is this EHKD by the way?’
Pretty inspiring..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I was considering coming. Then I realised that with no transponder it would be a difficult flight… then I realised that I don’t have an ELT

You can fly at 1000ft all the way along the coast to Texel. That is not a problem at all.
If you’re really worried about the ELT requirement: Just borrow or rent a portable unit.

On this forum you’ll find a lot of examples from people that try very hard to push their boundaries: A fresh pilot flying to the Balkan, guys that fly to the Nord Cape, etc.
If you’re going to say that a flight from Belgium to Texel is impossible, you can expect some pragmatic responses like “Just do it”

If you’re really worried about the ELT requirement: Just borrow or rent a portable unit.

Do you know of anywhere renting ELTs? I don’t think that they can be rented or borrowed, as they are registered to the aircraft. A PLB doesn’t satisfy the requirements for an ELT.

I’ve also heard that the Dutch do do ramp checks, unlike most other countries. So you might not be likely to be caught, but you are taking a chance.

For the same reasons as Jan, I’ve chosen not to land in the Netherlands. No landing, then I can’t be checked for an ELT. I’ve transited a few times, but never stopped.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message