Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The complete charade of Eurocontrol IFR routings

Why not file LeTouquet with Calais as alternate and ask Lille West? it’s the same APP guy who manages the sector for: Dieppe, LeTouquet and Calais (I flew the IAP at these 3 airports from UK once on same flight but we used back to back flight plans)

AutoRouter will have a hard time bypassing Paris TMA, bringing you down in front of two IFR airports and will struggles with English Channel one way routing mess…

Or here is something better, Lille should give you direct TRACA as you pass overhead DPE (if GBR/FRA crossing routes are very busy at FL90 you can ask for direct at FL60 in Golf )

N0120F090 LUSON5W LUSON DCT LP DCT SABLE/N0098F100 DCT RONAX/N0097F100 J55 LGL H20 OLMES/N0097F090 H20 DPE/N0098F090 R50 ABB CMB TRACA

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Nov 20:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I’m trying to avoid going that high
The plan is to take a DA40 instead of the DA42.

France

I will have to try different manual routes and ask the BRIA at Bordeaux if it would validate.

I’m sure you’ll be able to validate some at FL200 like I did for this one:

LUSON5W LUSON/N0170F200 A53 OBATO UN873 SOMIL UZ274 PERON UN874 CMB B3 TRACA TRACA3K

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for looking, that’s interesting that you need to go to the UK over quite a lot of water to fly from one part of France to another, according to these Eurocontrol routing services.
I will have to try different manual routes and ask the BRIA at Bordeaux if it would validate.

France

gallois wrote:

@Emir if you get chance could you try La Rochelle LFBH to Calais LFAC, Autorouter wants to take you to Dover via a water crossing from Cherbourg and then again crossing water to Calais.

Same with ForeFlight. The problem is that many airways that go over mainland don’t exist in range 0…195 according to Eurocontrol routing errors received when trying to route manual.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sometimes Autorouter provides a simpler route than FF

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

From here

@Emir if you get chance could you try La Rochelle LFBH to Calais LFAC, Autorouter wants to take you to Dover via a water crossing from Cherbourg and then again crossing water to Calais.

France

Timothy wrote:

So, you are saying that a glitch within an FIR will not make any difference, but if the route takes you through more FIRs, or if the entry and exit points are further apart than required by the great circle from DEP to DEST, then you pay more.

Yes.

EGTK Oxford

In my mind B and D are different countries, and I thought I’d be inclusive

EGKB Biggin Hill

(3) would be more.

It is not clear to me what example (4) is about? If FIR B and FIR D are in the same country, it would be the same as (1) and (2), although if the route is meant to be a great circle, they would be in the southern hemishpere.

Biggin Hill
74 Posts
Sign in to add your message