Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The image of GA in the media: Commuting by plane causes media hype (and climate change)

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Things are getting more and more out of hand here currently.

Just google “Alexandria Ocasio Cortez” and the US Democrat’s “Green new deal” to see how crazy it has become.

Most of this, including “sustainable development” can be dated back a long time including documents like the Club of Rome document: “Limits to growth”.

And some wants to limit it fast:
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/un-s-top-climate-official-goal-intentionally-transform-economic-0

An energy/resource based economy has been suggested even here in Denmark. It is actually an invention of the old “Technocracy inc”.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/carbon-currency-a-new-beginning-for-technocracy

Think I am wearing a tinfoil hat? Well that is up to you. Just look at the legislation being introduced all over Europe and also in the US and do you own research.
As someone said “Maybe the cure is worse than the symptoms”

Well I will just fly a GA plane while I am still allowed to.

EKRK, Denmark

BTW: ever heard about the Earth Dollar?

https://earthdollar.org/home/

EKRK, Denmark

In the interests of harm reduction I bought a 36hp single seater. It still burns fuel and I can appreciate the argument that as someone who believes in man made climate change this is hypocritical.

My mother in law is a huge fan of Elvis Presley and burns more fuel in trips to conventions than I have since I started flying. I burn less fuel flying a single seater than I used to burn getting my hang glider to flying sites. These things can be counterintuitive.

sorry but this made me chuckle :-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

MedEwok wrote:

It would be nice if we could agree on two very basic facts here:

MedEwok wrote:

We need to stop it for the sake of our future and that of our children and grandchildren

This is not a fact, this is a headless knee jerk reaction to the proven fact that climate is changing and evolving, human made or not. The only true fact about living beings is the survival of the fittest, and this will never change. People are like pilots. We all believe we are the best, we will survive, but only time will tell who the fittest really are. In the mean time we can do nothing else but to live our lives as best we can.

One true historical fact: some 15k years ago Norway was covered with up to 3 km thick ice. It was utterly uninhabitable. 11-12k years ago some brave men and women crossed over by tiny boats from Doggerland (a land mass of the size of England, since long eroded/sunk into the north sea), to the Stavanger area. Within one single generation those men and women had occupied the entire coast. The inland areas were still covered with thick ice. This is just one of thousands of examples showing how things changes, and the amazing adaptability of human beings. Doggerland is gone, the ice is gone, we are still here.

I simply refuse to bury my head in some politically correct quasi religious nonsense. Give up reasoning and common sense, replace it with symbolism and voodoo. I want to live, and I want my sons and grandchildren to live. I don’t want them to behave like headless and panicked chicken believing they will succumb to a change in temperature of a degree or two, regardless of reason.

Last Edited by LeSving at 09 Apr 09:06
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

I want to live, and I want my sons and grandchildren to live.

Right. When the “a degree or two” makes substantial parts of the Earth uninhabitable or at least unable to support their current population, we’re going to see migration on a scale that dwarfs anything we’ve seen so far. This will certainly lead to wars. What, then, are the chances of your sons and grandchildren to live? That is my major concern. Climate-wise, we’re going do just fine in Scandinavia.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Climate-wise, we’re going do just fine in Scandinavia.

Wasn’t there some story that in some scenarios global warming could stop the Gulf Stream? And thus Scandinavia (and much of Western Europe) would actually become colder?

ELLX

lionel wrote:

Wasn’t there some story that in some scenarios global warming could stop the Gulf Stream? And thus Scandinavia (and much of Western Europe) would actually become colder?

That is a possibility, but the factors that drive the Gulf stream are apparently not that well understood.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

LeSving wrote:

This is not a fact, this is a headless knee jerk reaction to the proven fact that climate ischanging and evolving, human made or not.

I’m sorry but there is nothing “headless” or "knee jerk " about following the current scientific consensus. The fact that climate change is taking place in lockstep with industrialisation is an obvious warning sign, although I will be the first to admit that correlation does not equal causation.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

The question is, if it isn’t man made, what is causing this:

?

There is no natural explanation…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message