Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The road to the EIR begins

Having weighed the pro’s and con’s of the EIR and IR I’ve opted for the EIR and today I signed up for the theoretical part of the course. Excited to start learning! I’ll keep you posted and maybe ask a few questions here and there.

EHTE

I have started the same – but are aiming for the IR. The TK is though the same.
Have started with Caledonian Flight Training on their distance learning – and signed up on aviationexam.com
Have yesterday passed the progress test for the Human performance.
Where have you signed up?

pmh
www.ekbr.dk, Denmark

Nice! Thats also my objective for 2016. 2015 I will use to collect a few more flying hours and besides that there is no ATO in Germany ATM with a certified EIR course.
I guess you already have a few hours in your book(s)?

EDDH, Germany

I’ve signed up with orbit groundschool and it too is distance learning. Maybe later I’ll proceed with the CB IR. Currently I’ve logged some 150 hours, not that much yet.

EHTE

I’ll keep you posted

That will be very interesting to read your feedback on this!

and besides that there is no ATO in Germany ATM with a certified EIR course.

That’s not true. I don’t know about any others, but the school that I charter from (FFL in EDLE) offers the course as of December. Here’s their Facebook announcement:

Essen-Mülheim (EDLE), Düsseldorf (EDDL), Paderborn (EDLP), Mönchengladbach (EDLN), Germany

I’m also with CAPT and Aviation Exam. Sat HP and Air Law exams at Gatwick end of of December and passed, I wanted to go to Oxford but all dates full. I thought AvEx reflected the Air Law very well but not the HP. In Air Law I had a question on light signals, which is not mentioned in the notes or QB.

Norman
United Kingdom

Hi Bobo,

Which theory course are you taking? Can you upgrade to the full IR without having to sit all the exams again?

Where are you planning to do the practical course? AFAIK the only school in NL that offers EIR / CB is Singles&Twins @ EHLE ?

In Air Law I had a question on light signals, which is not mentioned in the notes or QB.

Very interesting. If we can all share these tips it will be valuable

Last Edited by pmh at 07 Jan 14:10
pmh
www.ekbr.dk, Denmark

That’s not true. I don’t know about any others, but the school that I charter from (FFL in EDLE) offers the course as of December. Here’s their Facebook announcement:

That’s very good news! I thought the LBA planned to take much longer to certify the first courses.

@Bobo Are you using some kind of online/offline training program which is specifically adapted to the CB IR/EIR question catalogue?

EDDH, Germany

@Andi yes, they say they are the first school in continental Europe with an approved syllabus for the EIR/CB-IR route, it uses the ‘distance-learning’ concept with a brush-up week in-house before the exams. @lenthamen there are more schools in the process of becoming an approved ATO, one of them is based at Teuge (EHTE), my home airfield. Should their approval fall through, I would be flying at Singles & Twins. I plan on completing the theory before commencing flight training, I hope by then the flightschool of my choice will have the affairs in order. I am taking the specified theory-course for the EIR, from what I understand is that after passing for the EIR, I can later proceed with CB-IR without having to do the written exams again.

Last Edited by Bobo at 07 Jan 14:59
EHTE
137 Posts
Sign in to add your message