Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ticket, please!

At almost every commercial airport I land I have a hard time trying to get back to the airplane past the security check.

They always insist on showing them a boarding pass, no matter how hard I try to explain I don’t need one, being a crew on my own aircraft.

Usually it gets solved after several phone calls and some wait time, however I am sure there must be a better way.

Is there any generally accepted document for European GA pilots such as a crew card, aopa membership card, etc. that can help mitigate this?

LRIA, Romania

I printed myself plastic card with my picture and word “Crew”. Works in 100% cases, even in duty free shops at airport.

Last Edited by Emir at 30 May 22:00
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

always learning
LO__, Austria

This is like the previous Crew ID thread. Various GA organisations have produced these. AFAICT none of them do much these days, although the old stunt of wearing a pilot uniform probably still works

What I don’t get is the stupidity of demanding a boarding pass to buy duty free, which cannot be reached without showing the boarding pass

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What I don’t get is the stupidity of demanding a boarding pass to buy duty free, which cannot be reached without showing the boarding pass

Not so much stupid, as sneaky. This is a scam operated by retail outlets the claim YOUR vat on the purchase back through HMRC, Boots and WH Smiths being chief culprits. They need proof that the purchase is leaving the EU to do so.

Call me a cynic Peter, but the boarding pass requirement for Duty Free is so they can use you information for marketing…

EGSX North Weald, United Kingdom

Can anyone with graphic skills create an official looking Crew Badge with euroGA-logo?

Berlin, Germany

In Salzburg they will issue you a “ticket” for you to fill out, when you pay for landing, that you then need to show at security. Funny thing is that security is right next to them and they can see you paying for landing, etc.

I once forgot my licence in the airplane in Hamburg as I was not intending to leave airside (precautionary landing). Asked for directions to the restroom and found myself on the wrong side of security. Had a very hard time getting back in, so today I keep my FAA licence in the wallet.

EGTR

I have one in Word (.doc) where you can change everything you want
If anyone need it PM me.

Have a good day
Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

The AOPA crew card usually does the job. Most airports also know them by now.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message