Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tips for Norway, Finland and Sweden

ivark wrote:

Does anybody know whether I need a customs airport when coming from Norway to Finland? I’m planning a trip to Nordkapp at the end of July, with last stop in Finland EFPA . I understand that ENHV is an OK as entry point to Norway, but can I get back through EFPA or I need some Finavia airport like Ivalo?

Generally speaking, you need a customs airport as you are entering the EU. According to AIP-Finland you should clear customs at one of Enontekiö (EFET), Helsinki-Vantaa (EFHK), Ivalo (EFIV), Joensuu (EFJO), Jyväskylä (EFJY), Kajaani (EFKI), Kemi-Tornio (EFKE), Kittilä (EFKT), Kokkola-Pietarsaari (EFKK), Kuopio (EFKU), Kuusamo (EFKS), Lappeenranta (EFLP), Mariehamn (EFMA), Oulu (EFOU), Pori (EFPO), Rovaniemi (EFRO), Savonlinna (EFSA), Seinäjoki (EFSI), Tampere-Pirkkala (EFTP), Turku (EFTU) and Vaasa (EFVA). Also check customs hours.

Other airports may be used with permission from Finnish customs, requested 48 hrs in advance — or 24 hrs in the case of Mikkeli (EFMI).

But right now Finland has also suspended Schengen, so border controls could apply. I can’t guess what procedures are needed but landing at any of the airports named above (including EFMI) should be ok.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thank you- that’s what I suspected ..

EETU, Estonia

Adding a bit of confusion here- I asked the same question from Malmi Airport chief- she told me that she’s not sure how things are right now, but that in pre-crisis the practice was "No customs between the scandinavian countries. " . I’ll also ask finnish customs what is the current implementation of the rules.

EETU, Estonia
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message