Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tired (gyro) Attitude Indicator: what kind of maintenance needed ?

Jacko wrote:

Pay 2,000 now for a Garmin G5 with STC and 4 hour internal battery and buy Mrs PCV a handbag with the change.

The G5 STC is applicable only to N reg aircraft and not for use as a back-up to an EFIS system – it’s only for replacement of the primary unit in an analogue aircraft.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

wigglyamp wrote:

The G5 STC is applicable only to N reg aircraft and not for use as a back-up to an EFIS system – it’s only for replacement of the primary unit in an analogue aircraft.

So clearly not the way for me !

Some very expensive ideas above & clearly people with too much money to spend, I would recommend getting the gyro overhauled, you could try the link below, I currently use these people and the service has been quick, inexpensive and reliable.

www.aircraftinstrumentsltd.co.uk

I have no connection with the company except as a happy customer.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 22 Sep 14:40

A_and_C wrote:

Some very expensive ideas above & clearly people with too much money to spend, I would recommend getting the gyro overhauled, you could try the link below, I currently use these people and the service has been quick, inexpensive and reliable.

Thanks A_and_C !
I gonna try this way first. I will compare a few quotations, so that I am sure I pay the right price.

First quote is 295£ + VAT + postage.

@ultranomad
Could you tell me where you had your AI cleaned up ?

@PetitCessnaVoyageur – this was at here in Prague at www.ceslet.cz. It would obviusly be more expensive in Western Europe.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Hello,
Just wanted to feedback with the overhaul.
I sent the unit to Aircraft Instruments LTD (GB), and the gyro has been overhauled to “new”.
Cost was 317.97£ (w/o VAT), including return shipping cost, and Form 1.
Turn over was 5-7 days plus shipping time (x2).
Communication was just excellent.
The indicator is now back to life :-)

I clearly recommand them for that kind of work.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 28 Feb 11:09

Many thanks for that feedback, @PetitCessnaVoyageur … I am about to send a KI256 to this firm.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

Pay 2,000 now for a Garmin G5 with STC and 4 hour internal battery and buy Mrs PCV a handbag with the change.

NOT an option.

POST EDIT : Oops guess this is an old thread – my bad, carry on !

Last Edited by Michael at 01 Mar 09:50
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I believe G5 is an option in EASA land!
(I am considering installation.)

Tököl LHTL
Sign in to add your message