Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trig TX56/TX56A and TX57/TX57A Nav/Com

vic wrote:

Why did you not take the TT 21 transponder ?

I am not the guy you asked the question but I also have the TT31. Why, well, it is a slide in replacement in most places to the KT76A by King.

Myself I am fairly happy with the TT31, it came at a great price at the time and offers ADSB-Out together with my GNS430W.

I will wait and see if the NavCom will finally turn up… alternatively I might look out for a used 430(possibly a W) to exchange my KX155.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s very quite …I heard rumours its delayed till Q4 2020..? Any confirmation on that?

EBST

We have two very similar threads, wondering why the hell it is so hard to make a … VHF radio! This is one and this is the other

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One rumour ive heard is they have a stock pile of com units . So there bringing the nav com to market until they have shifted sone of them

Not available anytime soon……hopes are gone!
This is a preview of the Nav/Com – this product is subject to an extended delay, it will not be available until further notice.
https://www.trig-avionics.com/product/stack-nav-com/

EBST

The decision is taken for me after this disappointing news. KX165A 8.33. I already mentioned it, maybe its just me and I find it strange nobody complains on this but the fact you cant see the two frequencies COM/NAV on the display is a big disadvantage on the GNC. Yesterday I experienced it again. In a busy training environment doing ILS, RNP etc approaches I moved the STBY frequency to active by accident and it took me 20 seconds to notice it (app called me already two time for a vector to the localiser) I was pre-occupied with the VOR to LOC frequencies on my NAV2 which I need to use also for COM 8.33. My screen (EHSI) was on NAV1 with the old KX165…
TRIG had a winner and they killed it, with this announcement.

EBST

Still no sign of this vapour ware

I think they probably ran out of steam developing the RF portion, which does require some significant electronics skills.

The UI portion of a nav com radio is a trivial bit of programming, so it can’t be that.

How did they do their transponder products then? Maybe it was a subcontractor who disappeared, or an employee left.

Very few people have these skills nowadays.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I had given up on this but apparently it’s finally here:

Appears to be in stock or order-from-supplier-able at a number of distributors. The slimness makes it appealing as a possible replacement for our Icom A220 com.

EGSG, United Kingdom

At last! And 15-20% cheaper than the GNC255.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 26 Jul 03:42
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message