Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trig TX56/TX56A and TX57/TX57A Nav/Com

Airborne_Again wrote:

When we did an avionics retrofit the other year I made a detailed comparison between the GMA 345 and Trig TMA 45. Sure, the Garmin unit has several features that the Trig unit lacks, but IMO that’s not things you would really use

We actually tried to purchase a GMA 345 but struggled with install kit delivery times, so we went with the TMA 45 instead. Really happy with the unit, and it also supports multiple Bluetooth connections which the Garmin doesn’t. The interface is also much easier to use, without all the weird secondary button assignments of the Garmin.

EHRD, Netherlands

Bathman

PS engineering are the best in the aircraft audio business and have re-badged units in the past, the customer gets a good unit no matter who’s name is on the front.

I’m pretty sure the Trig TMA 45 is just a rehashed PS-Egineering unit.

A_and_C wrote:

It is not until we delve deep into the functions and compatibility with other equipment will we know if the more affordable price comes at the expense of integration with other equipment.

I’m sure the GNC255 has functions that the TX56/7(A) lacks, but are there functions you really need – particularly when it is installed as a second unit. Many aircraft would have a GPS/NAV/COM such as GTN650Xi as the primary.

When we did an avionics retrofit the other year I made a detailed comparison between the GMA 345 and Trig TMA 45. Sure, the Garmin unit has several features that the Trig unit lacks, but IMO that’s not things you would really use – particularly not in a club aircraft. The dollar rate at the time made prices about equal and the installer favoured Garmin, so Garmin it was, but I’m sure we’d be just as happy with a Trig.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

15-20% cheaper than Garmin is the cry from Airborne Again, but are we comparing like with like ?

It is not until we delve deep into the functions and compatibility with other equipment will we know if the more affordable price comes at the expense of integration with other equipment.

However it is a welcome addition to the market and I have every reason to believe that it’s quality and reliability will match the high standard of other Trig products.

Great news – just 5 years to late.

At last! And 15-20% cheaper than the GNC255.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 26 Jul 03:42
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I had given up on this but apparently it’s finally here:

Appears to be in stock or order-from-supplier-able at a number of distributors. The slimness makes it appealing as a possible replacement for our Icom A220 com.

EGSG, United Kingdom

I think they probably ran out of steam developing the RF portion, which does require some significant electronics skills.

The UI portion of a nav com radio is a trivial bit of programming, so it can’t be that.

How did they do their transponder products then? Maybe it was a subcontractor who disappeared, or an employee left.

Very few people have these skills nowadays.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Still no sign of this vapour ware

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message