Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip advice - Belgium/Flanders and a bit further south

dirkdj wrote:

Here is the link to the tourist bureau: https://www.toerismekortrijk.be/en can rent bikes there too: Toerisme bureau. Be sure to buy the cycling network maps from there. Get the cycling maps ‘Leiestreek’, ‘Westhoek’ and maybe ‘Mijnenslag van 1917’

Thanks for the link and for the info!

Do you happen to also know if there is a shop offering “real” road bikes? I can’t seem to find any unfortunately. The closest I get is from Mobiel and that’s Trekking: http://www.mobiel.be/nl/fietsverhuur/fietsen

Thanks again!

Do you mean ‘racing bikes’? If so I would have to look around at real bike shops.
I know ‘city bikes’ ‘trekking bikes’ and ‘racing bikes’ ‘mountain bikes’

OK, I found out that a ‘road bike’ is what we call a ‘racing bike’.

Last Edited by dirkdj at 02 May 10:37
EBKT

I had a customer stay at a local B&B: AHOI boathotel, she liked it and it was quite reasonable priced.
There is another more expensive B&B with a ‘view’, it is overlooking the old Markebeke airfield where the Red Baron was based in 1917: next to the bike path along the river Leie: The View B&B

EBKT

@dirkdj thanks, exactly racing bike is probably correct. I’ll check with google if I can find some shops!

Buying a racing bike is no problem, I will try to find if you can rent two, never heard of this. You will also need the matching shoes with connectors etc.

EBKT

Here are a few rental possibilities for racing bikes:

Specialized racing bikes rental : they are in Deinze, halfway between Kortrijk and Gent (easy by train)

Racing bikes rental near Kortrijk

EBKT

A EuroGA fly-in with everybody in lycra would be quite a sight

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

A EuroGA fly-in with everybody in lycra would be quite a sight

.. or less so ;-)

@dirkdj – indeed, thanks again!

Here is a routeplanner for biking trails: Routeplanner

EBKT

Unfortunately we will have to take a “rain check” on Flanders this time due to the Wx forecast for tomorrow and Sunday. Instead we will see if we can reach Zell am See, most likely by car and land at Salzburg. Nice biking routes there as well I expect :)

Sign in to add your message