Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip from Dublin to Prague

I don’t think people really do that. I would just ignore that regional QNH.

Short of not switching on any radio, you have about zero chances of not getting told the regional QNH in the czech republic – it seems very important to them

LSZK, Switzerland

One hPa QNH difference accounts for 27ft down low. There shouldn’t be a big difference between your own GPS derived QNH and some QNH that you get from somewhere. That “somewhere” is actually the crucial thing — there is no clear and unique source for QNH when you’re VFR and not in a terminal area. So GPS altitude is a precise and always available reference.

Dont’ forget the temperature. E.g. at FL100 and 10°C ISA deviation, the barometric altitude will differ from real altitude by about 400 ft, even if you have the correct QNH.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I would try to fly to Bamberg. 15 mins flight from Coburg. The airfield is PPR.
World heritage city, cheaper fuel and lovely beer and beer gardens, but I’m biased as I was born there long time ago.
When are you planning to fly?

Last Edited by mdoerr at 29 May 20:46
United Kingdom

Agree with Markus. Everybody likes Bamberg. Still, if you are looking at airfields, Coburg (EDQC) is one of the most beautiful ones in Germany (nicer in my view than, for example, Koblenz).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Koblenz beautiful?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Koblenz beautiful?

It seems to have been used for a number of highly organised/assisted outings out of the UK. Never been there myself.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just waiting for the weather to clear over here first and then departing. Looks like Wednesday 3rd of June.

Will post some pics as I go along. Thanks

Evo400

And back home. What a lovely trip, Germany is uber cool!

Due to range limitation and flying at 75% pretty much all the way we had to make two stops in Germany.

We stopped in Duxford, had a walk around the museum ( fantastic place to visit, well recommended) and then we departed to Belgium. Stopped of in Antwerpen, very nice place, great atmosphere. ( Landing and handling fee worked out at 60€) I was pretty much expecting that so no big deal.

After that some flying in Germany and then to Czech Republic with last stop in Kral Airport LKHK.

Everything went smooth, Czech airspace was very very busy, lots of TRA’s, Military zones, etc. ATC staff were very professional. We stayed at FL85 ,and we got pretty much direct route even trough Praha CTR except some small Parachuting airfields that were active up to FL100.

Absolutely delighted with this trip. ( and as for Czech QNH, now I know what you meant by saying different CTR, different ATC , different QNH. As we were flying across, QNH was changing constantly from 1022-1025-1028 etc.

Thanks for all your advice, pm’s, etc and I hope to do another trip very soon!!

!

Last Edited by Evo400 at 07 Jun 22:06
Evo400
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message