Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report - Slovenia Croatia Greece Corsica, September 2015

No, I didn’t check anything afterwards. I assumed it was simply jamming. It’s very rare but I have seen it before. Someone else reported it at the same location, some weeks before/after.

Sure there is reporting bias in everything that’s reported. I mean, one doesn’t report flights on which GPS worked

But that’s how people learn; it is what separates us from monkeys, etc. If you climb a tree 100 times and don’t fall off, you will never learn that you might fall off, but if somebody else falls off and tells you, you can implement countermeasures

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I also noticed the loss of the GPS signal at the same location just a few minutes after daparture at LGAV, the same day I think (on a monday, around 10 o clock LT)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Peter wrote:

Sure there is reporting bias in everything that’s reported.

Let me put it this way. These are all radio systems, so they eventually fail (be it due to interference, or due to the ionosphere acting up (Mögel-Dellinger, Aurora). I find it a remarkable testament to the reliability of GNSS that people feel compelled to discuss every outage, while outages with other navigation systems, such as VOR, DME, NDB are apparently daily business not worth reporting

LSZK, Switzerland

Michael wrote:

@C210_Flyer – Did you see your Centurion in one of the photos in Corfu ?

Yes and Peter takes professional pictures so Im pleased.

Peter wrote:

Nice ATC just pretended to not hear me when I asked for a climb to FL150.

I wonder what Niece would have done if after calling and not getting a response for permission to climb to FL150 you said “Wilco NXXX cleared to climb to FL150”

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 25 Jan 00:44
KHTO, LHTL

Tom, I’m not sure what makes you feel compelled to bring your demonstrably large and well respected intellect to bear in defense of “balanced reporting” of this issue in a seeming attempt to shut down further discussion….are you saying there should be no discussion about RAIM or NANU or jamming vs observed outages of Navstar because: “hell, it’s way more reliable than ground based aids…and we don’t discuss them everything they mysteriously fail do we?” (Do they “mysteriously” fail anyway?…usually they are also Notamed)…

As this is clearly way off-topic I have started a new thread on RAIM Prediction…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message