Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report: South-Western France in June/July 2015

thanks, I didn’t know it also existed in Europe

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Aviathor wrote:

Pilot Controlled Lighting. A system by which you control runway lighting by emitting a number of “clicks” on the PTT.

We were there last year and cycling past the airfield in the dark when the lights came on and Beech 200 King Air landed.
What with the 1200m runway and the short distance to Paris and the P C lighting…its little wonder why the property prices are astronomical.

Do you have a picture of the pitot stops? I don’t know that

A simple thing, I’m sure you can buy a little bit more refined contraptions at substantial money from the usual pilot shops

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Trip report now added to “articles” by offer of Peter.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Static plugs: find a split pin which fits, tie a streamer to it and add it to the pre-flight check list.

Closing flight plan: this is a PROBLEM for those of us who are getting old and forgetful (I’m not complaining, because the alternative looks significantly worse), and/or who seldom file flight plans. I put a clothes peg on the door handle as an aide-memoire. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Alarm on my mobile. Scheduled 10 minutes after the ETA.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

Jacko wrote:

Closing flight plan: this is a PROBLEM for those of us who are getting old and forgetful (I’m not complaining, because the alternative looks significantly worse), and/or who seldom file flight plans. I put a clothes peg on the door handle as an aide-memoire. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

I have it as an item on my shut-down checklist. I close the flight plan by phone before I even leave the aircraft.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message