Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report: Southern Europe 2018 Tour with a S22T

Airborne_Again wrote:

ATC can’t grant an SVFR clearance unless the observed ceiling is at least 600 ft. SERA.5010(c)(2)

Thanks for pointing that out…I was under the wrong impression that SVFR was only restricted by ‘clear of cloud’ , in view of the ground and 1500m visibility…I was completely unaware of the ceiling limitation, although it makes sense since you are supposed to fly 500agl or higher except for t/o&ldg

Last Edited by Antonio at 01 Feb 21:48
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

@Mark0505
How did you find airport/immmigration/security procedures in the Canaries?

The nice thing about the Canaries is that they are very different from the Balearic Islands as far as airport ops are concerned. Not as expensive, no ridiculous pushbacks like Mallorca and more welcoming to GA.

EGTK Oxford

I had only one very bad experience in the Canaries islands with Tenerife North (GCXO):
It was my initial idea as a fuel stop before flying to Madeira. According to AIP, handling was mandatory but I sent them an email 4 weeks before asking if it was mandatory even for just a fuel stop without leaving the airside. No answer. Called them 1 week before my flight via phone to ask that.. They said that they had to check and asked me to wait a few hours the answer via email but never heard of them again. Contacted them via email 4 days before the flight and still no answer.
The day before they saw the flight plan and they sent me a threatening email saying they rejected my flight plan since no handling was contacted and we were not cleared to land until they had a confirmation from a handling. I immediately sent 3 emails to 3 handlers and recevied again no answers from any of them. I finally decided to go to Lanzarote where the staff was way more helpful as I said before. After the bad experience, I exchanged a few emails with the customer satisfaction aiport email but they kept justifing themself. I’d recommend to avoid thiese very big airports since you are just a pain for them.

Last Edited by Mark0505 at 01 Feb 22:51
LILV, Italy

I did write a book about my flying adventures through Africa, 

Just got it in the Kindle shop.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Just got it in the Kindle shop

Me 2

Antonio
LESB, Spain

what’s the title of the book?

KHQZ, United States

Mark0505 wrote:

Marrakech (GMMX): Landing fees for an overnight around 200€ (handling mandatory). Fuel around 3 euro/liter (tax included).

At eddh.de 30% report mandatory handling, 30% report handling not mandatory. Maroc AIP doesn’t say handling is mandatory but maybe I look at the wrong place. Fes GMFF appears not to require handling.

Last Edited by a_kraut at 03 Feb 18:14
Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

@a_kraut: It’s mandatory if you need to go through customs and immigration

LILV, Italy

For GMMX, in the AIP you need aerodrome manager authorisation for any night stop (blame this entry on bizjet handlers :) ), if you can get that without handlers then you are good to go…this is not the case for other airports (e.g. tanger, rabat, fes…)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Ibra: That may be possible as well. I’m sure they told me that for customs it was mandatory but It could be a misleading information by the handler.

LILV, Italy
Sign in to add your message