Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip report: VFR from Belgium to Istanbul

In EDKA was the checkout on the Mooney (indeed from Westflug.) We where going with their acft, but they couldn’t fix the ap, so in the end we took a private acft @ EBCI ( the owner is a FI at an ATO there)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

I thought you had two autopilots with you :-)

Biggin Hill

Vieke, well done, great trip, when you have time please give us some contacts of the handling agents that you used at each airfield.

Thanks for taking the time to write the report a second time, at least for us it was well worth it

Just one note from a fellow Mooney pilot:

Vieke wrote:

Mooney M.20J Aerostar 201 1995 – IFR certified with a simple stormscope and an one-axis wingleveler.

Could it be that you are cheating with that beautiful lady’s age? OO-DFJ looks more like being built in the late seventies.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Yes, you are right, I looked up wrong.
1995 was a registration change: it should be:

1980 HB-DFH
1995 D-EDFN
2005 OO-DFJ

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

quatrelle wrote:

please give us some contacts of the handling agents that you used at each airfield.

Hi quatrelle:

No handling agents for Portoroz, Split, Megara or Calvi (Corsica)
Istanbul and Corlu: BILEN AIR SERVICES
Athens, Zakynthos, Samos and Corfu: Swissport (during Athens Flying Week: handing was free of charge and outsid that week it will cost you 25€ with an AOPA card)

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Super trip. Good inspiration for the comming season.
The water bombers in Turkey looks like the ones from Ice Pilots.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Vieke wrote:

In their opinion I am running before I can walk.

And more power to you for that! Great report, very well done, super trip, congrats!!

Nice trip!

Just a suggestion: when you do Barra, consider coming in a C172, or similar. It will open a lot of medium-size Scotch airfields, like ours.

…and we also have some nice beaches down here on the Scottish “riviera”:

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

when you do Barra, consider coming in a C172, or similar. It will open a lot of medium-size Scotch airfields, like ours.
…and we also have some nice beaches down here on the Scottish “riviera”:

370m is indeed a bit hard for the Mooney, also I would never consider beach with that retractable. When I come on that site, It would probably been Inverness with the Mooney or otherwise a C172 or PA28 for the other field and beaches.

I only know of two beachstrips in Europe: Barra and Solas?

Vie
EBAW/EBZW
Sign in to add your message