Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Florida to Bahamas: FBO at KFXE? SkyDemon with map or FF? Bahamas WX?

They are increasingly asking to see the sticker. If you can I would get the physical sticker.

EGTK Oxford

Make sure the sticker is in the right place, a customs agent got shirty with me because I put it on the underside of my C182 wing, right by the door. Fully in compliance with the letter of the instructions…

Kent, UK

Just realized I never responded to those with helpful advice on this threat. So here’s a “Thank you”.

terbang wrote:

And don’t forget the write-up here

Most certainly!

Now, the current situation is that the flight school where we had reserved the Arrow II cancelled this reservation just a few days before the trip because the aircraft is still in a paint shop. Apart from leaving me speechless how this can happen (I can understand unplanned maintenance, but I wouldn’t consider a paint job as an example of that), we are now left searching for alternative aircraft, which is tricky at such short notice and with the holidays coming up.

They are offering us an Archer II, which very much stretches the limit of what can be done with 4 people and some luggage. The Archer II has a better payload than the later Archer III models that I usually fly in Germany, but it’s still not a whole lot. We are now considering limiting our luggage to maximum 45 kg for the baggage compartment and fuel including reserves to make it from Fort Lauderdale to Andros and then further on to Exuma, i.e. putting in one extra fuel stop and flying at MTOW. Alternatively, we are considering flying two times (e.g. once for the luggage and once for the people). Both is far from ideal, IMO.

Let’s see how this plays out.

Wishing everyone merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Hi Patrick,

Try Airplane4rent into KFXE:
https://www.airplanes4rent.com/aircraft-for-rent/

I used one of the 152 for time building up to new york almost a decade ago…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I’m still waiting an answer by US CDP regarding the VWP for re-entry via private flights since the rule is not so clear. This is an extract from this document (https://www.eapisfile.com/Docs/eAPIS/private_flyers_guide.pdf):

The word “adjacent islands” is very tricky since it does not states which countries are included. I’m planning to go to the Bahamas, Turks&Caicos and Netherland Antilles under this rule. Bahamas should probably be ok but what about the others?
I hope they will give me a precise answer from the CDP since AOPA did now know how to answer to this particular case.

Last Edited by Mark0505 at 29 Dec 11:27
LILV, Italy

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/non-immigrant-visa-faqs/visa-waiver-program/

As I have posted before, I have been all the way to St Vincent and back under these rules and it was no problem. Upon re-entering the US, the border agent asked which countries I had been to and I named them all (to the best of my recollection, long list as every island is basically their own country in the Caribbean), and he let me back in.

Thanks. Would be interesting to have that list from them.

LILV, Italy

Romain wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Try Airplane4rent into KFXE:
https://www.airplanes4rent.com/aircraft-for-rent/

I used one of the 152 for time building up to new york almost a decade ago…

Hi Romain, thanks! I did reach out to them, but wasn’t able to use one of their planes at such short notice. We ended up flying the Archer at MTOW with reduced luggage.

Rwy20 wrote:

As I have posted before, I have been all the way to St Vincent and back under these rules and it was no problem. Upon re-entering the US, the border agent asked which countries I had been to and I named them all (to the best of my recollection, long list as every island is basically their own country in the Caribbean), and he let me back in.

As another recent datapoint, we have just returned and had no issues whatsoever with our border crossings (4 Germans travelling under ESTA).

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

As another recent datapoint, we have just returned and had no issues whatsoever with our border crossings (4 Germans travelling under ESTA).

Brilliant Patrick. Now we all need to hear your experience. No pressure

EDMB, Germany

Yes we are waiting for your report and your pictures Patrick !!

Thank you very much Mark0505 for the document you found. It helped me a lot, in a different context than Patrick’s. You may never know who you help when you post something !
Hats off for the US customs who published a very clear “Private flyers guide”.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message