Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain: best custom/exit airport after the closing of Murcia (LELC) in favor of LEMI?

10 Posts

Sorry for opening a new thread for my question.
Does anybody has insight in the future of Murcia, LELC? Is it correct that all spanish airports offering customs service are ruled by the AENA after January 2019 ? The prospect of having to meticously follow the two-pages instruction of the spanish AOPA in order not to be ripped off is discouraging.

How do you spanish GA-pilots handle this? What airport of exit for Maroc are you using (the precise location in Spain is of minor importance)?

Last Edited by a_kraut at 04 Nov 14:48
Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

I would say LERJ Jerez or LEAM Almería, depending on which one suits your route better.

Both of them requires handling, but now they’re putting in the AIP the info about what service do you have to ask for, in order to avoid big charges. For example in LEJR they put explicitly that you only need ‘category 5’. In general this what you have to ask for also in any other airport.

Last Edited by Coolhand at 06 Nov 08:26
LECU - Madrid, Spain

That’s a nice change from what we had in Menorca where requesting the minimum level of handling just produced zero response from most of the companies, and some dodgy surcharges from the rest

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank You, good news. Do I get the AIP of Jerez right that Iberia is the handler for commercial and GA traffic, Andalucia and Air taxis are for GA only? Is it sufficient to tell the next guy approaching you with a yellow west after landing that I only want ramp category service 5 or do I have to book this in advance?

Last Edited by a_kraut at 06 Nov 10:11
Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

a_kraut wrote:

Is it sufficient to tell the next guy approaching you with a yellow west after landing that I only want ramp category service 5 or do I have to book this in advance?

Do all you can to pre-arrange it. After an agent gets to you on the ground then you are stuck with whatever understanding he has of your needs and however he wants to price it. Since you will want to leave eventually, you will end up accepting the bill avoiding long discussions.

LEMI should be offering everything you used to get at LELC, but it will be new…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

BTW you may also want to try Seville LEZL and Granada LEGR

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I was at LEMI last weekend.

Handling mandatory. Two options: Aircity and Swissport.

The former charges a minimum fee of 150eur and the latter 30eur for a SEP.

A complete gendec is required with names, doc number, dob, nationality, residence…the whole enchilada. I advanced it via email so the handler could have it ready to minimise waiting time at the airport.

PPR is required and can be requested direct from the airport at [email protected] There are only four parking positions for small aircraft.

Airport fees 72 eur for a SEP incl two days parking

Airside access is via the “CARM” building, where Aircity have their premises, a kind of small general aviation terminal 150m NE of the main terminal.
Airport fees have to be paid at the main terminal. Crew access is also possible direct from the main terminal, but not for pax.

Avgas available and they will take credit card and AirBP. I have not checked others.

All in all it was easier than expected, although everything is new and there are some procedures still being tweaked.

Ah, and this airport, needless as it is, was not built with EU money.

Civil operations at nearby LELC are now disallowed.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

Why not keep GA there and have LEMI for the airliners? After all, it is still an airforce base which is in operation. But GA is apparently unwanted everywhere.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Antonio wrote:

Sure? I dont`t see in the AIP anything in that line. There is a restriction for civil flights up to afternoon from monday to friday, but this has been always (well…for a long time) the case.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

Well, if you are suggesting GA could still fly at LELC based on the AIP that would be an interesting test to do.
Formally all they say is this NOTAM

B3390/19 – REF AIP-SPAIN AD2-LELC: GROUND SUPPORT SERVICES AND FACILITIES FOR CIVIL AIRCRAFT NOT AVAILABLE. NO SERVICE WILL BE PROVIDED TO CIVIL AIRCRAFT EXCEPT AUTHORIZED STATE AIRCRAFT. 17 MAY 04:52 2019 UNTIL 12 AUG 06:00 2019 ESTIMATED. CREATED: 17 MAY 04:52 2019

But it does not say it is not allowed…

In practice, even if you could land and taxi to the civil apron, there is no one there any more, no manned airside-groundside gates, no fuel, no taxis or rental cars, even the swing outside the fees office..all moved out to LEMI

Antonio
LESB, Spain
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message