Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

I am probably in, but it’s too soon yet to have certainties about it. Kids school and work have an important role into the decision making process rather than other things.

About LJPZ, defenetly a good backup place, the most friendly GA airport I ever visited and a nice place to stay a couple of days, I even intend to go there if Venice stands, for refueling and to say hello.

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 24 Nov 09:05
LPSR, Portugal

The weekend is fine, the destination okay. I‘ve been there with a Piper Arrow without any stress about the landing gear, so although it‘s looking far forward I think we will join.

EDDS , Germany

Did we agree on a date? It’s quite important to decide it as soon as possible to ensure aircraft availability.

ESME, ESMS

Will come around this time, the place works well for my other half and as VFR arrival only it make no excuse for anyone ;)

I wonder how to do the return leg after such long flight (the outbound legs are more fun),

Any suggestions for route from UK and avoiding the Alps (aircraft with 10000ft limit)?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I am generally interested. The date seems to work so far.

ESMK, Sweden

Ibra wrote:

suggestions

always learning
LO__, Austria

The simple way, from the Paris area, non oxygen, is to fly down to say Cannes and then turn direct towards Venice. Avoid the Massif Central, obviously, unlike my former hangar colleague N2195B.

There is some funny airspace in N Italy but the modern tablet apps should have it by now. This may be relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Middle of May is still clear for me. I would join via Snoopy’s plane or in the 172 if I can form a crew.

I was in Venice last year for the Pentecost’ 3 day weekend, and the crowd was just around St Marc place. Prices are above average but normal coming from Paris :) This town is unique and full of gems.

Maybe we could gather to the North and form a mass arrival from the Brenner, like in Oshkosh :D

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 24 Nov 17:53
LFOU, France

@Snoopy, thanks for the suggestion, may try the Austria one but looks close to the limits so not my 1st choice unless weather and aircraft cries for it

Peter wrote:

The simple way, from the Paris area, non oxygen, is to fly down to say Cannes and then turn direct towards Venice.

Yes, I would go for that route as default, worst case Corse/Nice are nice

Not looking to attempt the middle bit, someone I know had a similar accident to the one you mentioned this

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Nov 20:32
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Ibra
Just playing with foreflight ;)
I flew LIPV-LSZA-LOWI in a 80hp DV20 once. No problem criss crossing in 8-9k feet. As always, severe vmc helped!

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message