Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

I am interested as well, although I don’t know whether I will have time for the trip regarding buffer days off work.

Would be interesting, as I have only been in the Alps so far, not weather was never suitable to fly through to Italy.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Although the restaurant at the airport on the current web site states:

“Sorry, we are temporary closed for change of the management”, it categorically mentions that it does food/banquets etc.
If people would like to eat there on the Saturday night, I have Italian-speaking friends who could negotiate for us by phone, if need be. :Let me know if this would be of use.

Likewise, has a suitable hotel (nearby?) been suggested yet?

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Hotels are less of a problem. There are many decent 3 & 4 star options at a decent price, much better options than in Venice itself.

Tököl LHTL

Peter_G wrote:

If people would like to eat there on the Saturday night, I have Italian-speaking friends who could negotiate for us by phone, if need be. :Let me know if this would be of use.

I’ve never been to a fly in so I don’t know if looking at the other attendees planes is being done. I’d definitely be interested to talk planes and get a tour or two.
If that’s „on the program“ arranging the dinner at the airfield might make sense. Just walk over and check out the discussion topics on site ;).

Concerning hotels I‘ve just booked this one http://www.booking.com/Share-M53gVW

always learning
LO__, Austria

That’s a good one – I have just booked the same.

I will do an email reminder next week. However most people won’t get it due to this

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Seems like we have a similar booking screening syntax ;).
Re Hotel: I don’t care for the imperial look but what can you do, it’s close to venice, and at least the bathrooms look refurbished.

always learning
LO__, Austria

No, I just looked at yours… sheep do the same and it is for a solid evolutionary reason

Administrator

Peter, did you officially chose a date ? The thread title changed but no post about it. Not sure everyone saw this.

LFOU, France

It appears in some posts above e.g. here. But here on EuroGA nothing is “official” We have a consulation and then, in the absence of strong representations to the contrary, somebody has to make the “executive decision”…

I will do a mailing but can’t do it right now because my mailing script is broken and I can’t fix it myself.

Administrator

Just to confirm that mailing works because I got e-mail few minutes ago.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message