Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

Great; thanks. Anyone who didn’t get it (and wants to get fly-in notifications) needs to check their profile as described above. But give it until tomorrow; they go out at 60 second intervals to reduce the risk of blacklisting if we hit a dodgy address.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We probably won’t be able to make this one, I expect to be working. If I’m not, we’ll be there!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Just blocked the weekend in my agenda too, so count me in. I suppose a Telegram group will be set up as the date approaches?

LSZK, Switzerland

Yes; nearer the time.

Administrator

Which routing is everyone taking across the ALPS? I know the owner has an oxygen setup for two people, and the DA40 that I fly is max FL140 so need to know what’s feasible coming from London. I have long range tanks.

In fact which routing can I do as a VFR pilot outside of the EGTT FIR for a non-stop flight at the highest level.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I used to use the Simplon pass when travelling VFR, and you can cross at 10,000 feet. I had conservative weather criteria, especially on upper level winds over the ridges. Travelling via the south of France is likely to be easier.

As Belluno is a mountain flying centre, and is only 30 minutes away, there is an added incentive to try and make this fly in.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Once you crossed the channel (Class A above ~5500) most of the airspace is C and ok to enter with clearance in 14000 at which you can then cross the alps in a straight line…

always learning
LO__, Austria

Can you get into Swiss Class C as VFR? I could never do so but that was ~14 years ago. So I used to fly at FL129…

Administrator

If they clear you why not? LSZH/LSGG TMA maybe not but the others should work.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I’ll be there.

Always wanted to fly in to this airfield.

EGLK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message