Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

BTW I also probably wouldn’t base a retractable at LHBS but an occasional landing and departure wouldn’t bother me much. It has excellent drainage so frequent rain is not a problem, but it isn’t smooth. Still I haven’t heard of prop strikes there, although it’s possible they’ve happened.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 31 Dec 18:02
Tököl LHTL

Venice to charge an entry fee for tourists

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46721456

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Croatian coastal cities (Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar) should do the same, especially Dubrovnik which had to limit the number of daily visitors to its walls. Thousands of people coming out of big cruisers, basically spending nothing but leaving huge footprint on old city core.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They need to do what Santorini does and set up a load of shops selling PP and IWC watches, so the thousands of old ladies coming off the cruise liners can spend their inheritances appropriately

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well what I heard from people selling souvenirs was that these people didn’t buy even cheap 5€ stuff. But you could be right; they might be interested in €€€€ stuff.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Agree!
Cruise ships are damaging Venice.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Emir wrote:

Well what I heard from people selling souvenirs was that these people didn’t buy even cheap 5€ stuff.

The rule of thumb in the old days: don’t buy anything or even exchange money at ports, you will be eaten alive !!

Still apply when you land to some coastal airports with your “head still in the air” after a 2h flight at 9000ft, you get some skillful sellers that are mixing prices, numbers and exchange rates, luckily my wife keeps tracks of the expenses, next time on my won I will bring the WhizWheel

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Jan 16:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The fee won’t be implemented in May yet.
Venitians are not very welcoming (I speak from experience) and there are a few « tourists go home » graffitis in town
Nonetheless, a unique destination, definitely worth the trip.

End of thread drift

LFOU, France

If anyone travelling from UK (I’m near Denham or Booker) needs company I’m interested since my plane is grounded yet again.

Forever learning
EGTB

I did both LKLT Letnany (in a C172) and LIPV (in a C210 with cantilever wings). Letnany’s website boasts about “laser flattened runway”, but I found it quite bumpy, and never dared bring the C210 there (which rules out Prague as a week-end destination since LKPR is expensive and LKVO closed on week-ends). OTOH, LIPV in summer 2018 was fine by me.

ELLX
Sign in to add your message