Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

I am sure African Eagle is on the case, but you could tell them to expect say 20 planes, of which most will need avgas.

And some will need Immigration. The UK is still in the EU so not Customs, although the staff here thought otherwise But we will also have people from Switzerland, which is non EU.

Could someone post the PDF AIP for LIPV? I can’t find it online and I suspect it is behind a login. You can drag/drop a PDF into the forum now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is what I have so far from this forum thread. Note that often people on the telegram group are not connectable with the forum nicknames

I have put in 1 person per plane except where I know or expect otherwise. Let me know if the numbers are different. I strongly recommend everyone coming joins the telegram group (joining link above).

Administrator

LI_AD_2_LIPV_en_2019_01_31_pdf

From Eurocontrol.

ESME, ESMS

Could everyone please let me have their aircraft type and reg. This will not be published in the forum or in the telegram group (if you like give it to me by PM).

On past experience it is quite likely that the airport will want a list of all planes, and now is the time to do it.

We now have 29 aircraft and 40 people

I am doing a mailing about this fly-in so if you don’t get this in the next day or so, please check your email setting here and if that is set to Yes, please check the spam settings of your email system e.g. here and here. Also check that the email address in your profile (not the public one; most people don’t have that set and quite rightly so) is valid. Please note that if you aren’t getting emails, you won’t be getting forum watch notifications either.

Administrator

Hi

The plan for me is to arrive at LIDO with two friends, each in their own planes.
My plane is SE-XNC Lancair LNC2 mtow 750kg, another is SE-XOP Lancair LNC2 750kg,
and the third plane is a SE-XTH Thorp T18 725kg.

Regards
Lars

ESSU, Sweden

WOW – a Lancair invasion

All we now need is an Evolution!

32 planes 44 people now.

Administrator

Also, landing chart:

Landing_Chart_LIPV_pdf

ESME, ESMS

Some pics posted here.

Administrator

I was at LIPV yesterday April 20. The airport indeed requested a list of registries and names. They can arrange customs and immigration with advance notice, if needed, and said there would be no problem with 100 LL. I’ll send the contact details to Peter. ( I told them it would be roughly 20 planes, which might be an underestimate.)

The airport restaurant has also opened (yesterday, their first day) with a limited menu of pasta, salads, fish meat, open until 22:00 local time. They said they would be happy to accommodate us. I explained that the exact number of guests would be hard to say in advance. They suggested we reserve and make a small advance ahead of time. I attach the menu, but I wasn’t that impressed by the clam pasta I ordered. The location would be great of course, but the fish restaurant I mentioned earlier is better value. However, that restaurant is always jammed, and I’m not sure how realistic it will be to obtain the space we need without some form of advance commitment.

Regarding field condition: it is far from billiard table smooth. I would feel comfortable landing a retractable, but I was surprised at the takeoff roll (longer than I expected). Field length is 990 meters. I mention this especially for the Lancairs, which I would love to see. There are no obstacles departing 05. I suggest we ask them to mow the grass for us prior to arrival.

My wife and I are almost certain to be there (plane will be parked there as of a week before) and we’ve already booked a commercial flight to Venice Friday night. It will be fun to meet the gang!

Attached are photos of the menu, restaurant and Peter’s “dodgy transition.”

Tököl LHTL

Restaurant:

Tököl LHTL
Sign in to add your message