EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

That sounds good. Thanks for doing it.

I will update you.

I will have a fish and a big salad

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Has anyone tried completing the form
https://venezialidoaerodrome.it/Aviation/Aviation.htm#9

It sends you a confirmation email but that never arrived and there is no option to re-send it. So I did the whole process again and this time it said it was submitted ok. But still no email… So I emailed them all the info and asked them to confirm receipt.

Administrator

I landed at Lido once 2 years ago and left for Switzerland…discovered a bit late that we need customs and after lots of (imitating italian) „no no no no impossibile“ two uniformed guys showed up, and off we went. It’s laid back and easy going… tell them when you land approximately and customs will stop by.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I posted the wrong URL for non Schengen above. It is:

https://venezialidoaerodrome.it/Aviation/Custom.htm

The airport itself almost never replies to any emails. So if you send this stuff to the airport you have no idea if they did anything with it, or even got it.

Administrator

Hi. I have a chance to fly to LIPV arriving Saturday evening 8pmish , but wx is not looking good on arrival that time of the day. It looks like a very wet grass runway by then…
Lets hope for some improvement.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

The dinner will be at 7pm

Administrator

I cant make it sooner, so, if anything, count me in for desert.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

The wx forecast is just too poor for my vfr single engine aircraft and I’m not flexible enough to extend the trip to wait it out. I had been really looking forward to this meet up. See you next time.

Switzerland

Unfortunately, it’s proven again that organizing fly-in at VFR only airfield is not optimal choice when you expect people to come from different parts of Europe, flying on average more than 300 NM. Now we’re in situation that even those with IFR capabilities potentially have to cancel because arrival on Saturday will be pretty much impossible (high probability of OVC) and departure on Sunday will require immediate IFR clearance which can be challenging in busy airspace departing from VFR airport. Plus there’s problem of grass runway in rainy conditions.

I’m all about inclusion but choosing place, which potentially can cause everybody to cancel, doesn’t contribute the purpose of fly-in.

This is not the criticism to anybody (great thanks to all who organize and help in organizing our fly-ins) but just my opinion which will be my driving force when voting for the next location.

To repeat criteria: scenic location, hard runway, instrument approach, fuel (both Jet A1 and 100 LL) and immigration/customs available.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Wish I could be there. Have sweet memories of Lido and Venice. Each time we would take the speedboat to Venice but would love to stay more on the island instead of (only) going to Venice. Enjoy the trip!

The boat prices to the city centre from the aerodrome.

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message