Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

A few more pics…

On a positive note, the standards at Venice city were good. No rubbish chinese niknaks (plenty of 5 digit priced watches) and the food was good. Pricey but not outrageous.

The airport interior looks like nobody has touched it in many decades. It also needs a hard runway

The airport restaurant was good. Good food and not outrageously priced. They did have a few other customers that evening but we were by far the biggest group.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In addition to what @Peter wrote, when we visited Murano (last time I was there 20 years ago so I don’t remember anything ), I was impressed with uniqueness of souvenirs in the shops – practically every shop has different style and more-less everything looks genuine (unlike many other tourist destinations with tons of fake staff produced somewhere far east).

Last Edited by Emir at 22 May 08:51
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

it sunk few cm into wet ground

Hi Emir! What’s your tire pressure?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Secure sources have confirmed the bad weather was staged by Pilatus* to make us all buy a PC12 :)

(*or TBM etc..)

Short final 23 as seen from a boat.

The public side of the terminal building (renovated around 2000 iirc).

always learning
LO__, Austria

EGLK, United Kingdom

Secure sources have confirmed the bad weather was staged by Pilatus* to make us all buy a PC12 :)

And to get parking place at tarmac as PC-12 parked at LIPV when I arrived

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

And to get parking place at tarmac as PC-12 parked at LIPV when I arrived

I had the impression for wet grass runway/parking you will need a Cub (may not mix well with touring/weather )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Arrived with an Aztec on thursday and got parking on the apron. If it was because +2tons or it fitted the aestethics of the terminal building I don’t know. On departure on monday I safed a bit and did the runup on the apron so i would not need to stop in case the surface was soft. But the taxiway and the runway was well compacted though with some water patches so in the end no issues.

ESG..., Sweden

Hi Gents,

I came on May 18th at LIPV and thought I had the wrong date since no one was there….

I stayed an hour and flew out to Sienna where I found a few friends but not much better weather!

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

You landed there with a TBM on 18th May?

That Aztec was one of us, indeed, but there were a few others.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message