Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in - Venice Lido LIPV, 18/19 May 2019

Hi Peter,

Yes in deed around 10:00 AM local.

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Wow. Do you happen to know if TBMOPA managed to strike a deal for group handling with the Sky Services thieves at Siena?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes in deed around 10:00 AM local.

OK; none of us knew you were coming. You kept it very quiet Had you posted it here in the forum, or joined the telegram group, you could have met up with us. Or maybe some arrived after you left; I can’t remember. The telegram group has now been deleted. I am sure some of us would have been really interested in “TBM talk”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am not sure we call it a strike but I did manage to get a group rate and was very pleased with Sky Services. Giovanni in Sienna is very efficient and pleasant.

They took care of our 25 planes, fuel, customs (to allow direct flights from the UK and other non Schengen) , onsite rental cars.

Controllers were fantastic too: We all departed one after the other with only 3 minutes intervals, picked up IFR with no holding times or altitudes.

We really only missed a couple degrees and sunshine.

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Hi Peter,

I actually just came in to pick up a TBM owner and his wife who had gone on a train holiday from Budapest to Venice.

I organised our TBMOPA in Sienna and they wanted to join us.

Just thought it was funny to post since this all happened on the same day.

We will organise this better next time!

Cheers,

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Interesting info that they manage to organize customs there.

We try to things right…A stopover is a real pain for a 2-hour flight from London!

I will definitely go back….Pasta call will kick in at some point and the countryside is so beautiful!

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Sure, Toscana is great, and Siena is a good airfield. And certainly, Sky Services have saved it and beefed it up, giving a professional services. If they just didn‘t make it so expensive, at least for „small GA standards“…

What was the participation fee for the TBM meet-up?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

The way I do these events is quite simple:

Owners pay their room and 200 Eur per person
I cover the rest with sponsors to break even.

We had 70 people from Friday to Sunday coming from mainly Europe, Canada and the US.

We have seminars on Saturday and Sunday morning, social or sports activities and a few good meals!

Kind regards,

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW
Sign in to add your message