Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And when you click you come across this:

Whoops. Page not found. Home

Fixed. Needed the HTTP bit

Administrator

This seems to replace the one from 2007: PDF

The list is much shorter in the new publication.

I took an example, "Valence chabeuil", which is not on the list anymore, yet when I check the SIA published airport plate for customs I see this:

PPR PN 24 HR from AD operator or from CLI Lyon.

We live in a complicated world :)

That's really helpful, are the times local or UTC

This is a mystery...

The above list here does not list St Yan LFLN - unless it has another name.

The EU still has this 2008 list up, which is outrageous.

Navbox (current database) says LFLN has Customs.

The French AIP for LFLN says

LUN-VEN / MON-FRI : 0500-2200 O/R PN 24 HR à / to SYAB. SAM DIM et JF : O/R dernier jour ouvrable avant 1500 à SYAB. SAT, SUN and HOL : O/R on last working day before 1500 to SYAB.

which, unless I am blind, says, exactly what???

Is there some political game being played out between different parts of the French government, whereby somebody has downdrawn Customs from all those (c. 50) airports, but somebody else is sticking a finger up and refusing to update the AIP from which pilots are supposed to brief?

BUT Pontoise LFPT still shows Customs in the AIP too, despite the now-defunct Shoreham-Paris "airline" having been doing touch and goes at Le Touquet to get in there.

Administrator

Peter, the last page in the AIP, where the customs availability appears specifically states: Non DGAC information in this document is communicated with all reserve.

It is not up to the DGAC to keep that part of the non-aeronautical info perfectly updated, especially in the rather vague customs situation at the moment, and often the only way to really get the exact situation is phoning the airport.

So you can take two approaches here:

• just go with what the AIP states , fly, and if challenged on the ground show the AIP. You'd probably be met with a Gallic shrug. A number of fields that had customs withdrawn had specific Notams issued to specify customs not available although it was shown as available in the AIP. The guy on the ground is probably going to be sympathetic to your plea to keep customs, as it is his job which is on the line.

• want to be absolutely sure, in that case whatever appears in the Journal Officiel , which is pretty much the same as the link you have posted at first, is the correct list.

Most of these airfields really wished they'd retained Customs status, but it was a Schengen zone requirement of making more frequent checks that scuppered it. Two of the airfields I frequently fly to from the UK have had customs withdrawn and it is a real pain, but for airfields without airline service from the UK it makes little financial sense to maintain a customs status.

Best is ask your MP to get the UK to join Schengen! Good luck....

ORTAC

I've just come across this map of French Customs airports. No idea who did it or who (if anybody) maintains it.

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message