Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Renting in Barbados

1 Post

For those planning on spending some time in Barbados this winter and may want to do some flying this is info on airplanes and approximate costs.

Two groups of planes

- Barbados registered a 152 and a 172S via the airplane club – B$300 ish for the 152 and B$500 per hour for the 172S

- US registered, A Cherokee Six and an Archer II; the Six B$500-600 per hour, the Archer II B$400 per hour.

There are instructors B$50 – 100 per hour – if you want to do a left seat flight around the island and don’t want to do it solo.

If you do want to solo – you can solo the Barbados registered airplanes in Barbados airspace. To solo the US registered airplane you need an FAA licence (yes, a 61.75 is good with your originating licence and medical).

I you want to fly solo to another island, same as above for the US reg – for the Barbados reg you will need a Barbados licence, not difficult, basically an airlaw exam (all normal stuff and the regs are quite a thin document).

For the more adventurous, there is a UK reg microlight here one can go for a flight in – one of only two places in the world where one can share the circuit with wide bodied jets.

If anyone wants contact details let me know.

The Archer II is mine and is based off the north ramp (the side with the msin airport) all of the others are based off the south ramp.

Barbados
1 Post
Sign in to add your message