Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Info about Saint Maarten TNCM

Hi guys!
For next year I’m planning a flight tour from Florida to the Caribbean islands via Bahamas and Turks and Caicos.
I’d really like to stop in Saint Maarten (SXM/TNCM), the famous airport with the approach path right on the beach.
I’m struggling to have some vital informations like: is the handling mandatory? There is no info on the AIP.
One handler asked 670$ for a 2 nights stop with a C177 (300$ only for the handling). Crazy…
The alternative is land in the much cheaper Grand Case airport in the northern part of the island.
Do you know if they allow a VFR touch and go in TNCM?
Thanks!
Marco

LILV, Italy

Yes, they do. I have done a touch and go there in April. Haven’t received an invoice to date :). Controller was very courteous, but also they weren’t extremely busy at the time and I asked very politely.

Thanks for the heads up!

LILV, Italy

The costs at the Dutch airport – if one lands are high – it is much, much cheaper to land on the airport on the French side – a much quieter place – I went there in February dropping my airplane for annual – it was annual’d on St. Barts but I didn’t have the endorsement to land there – did the training when I picked it up, great fun – the catch is that it wears off after six months so St. Martin again for me next year too.

On St. Martin after refuel the ramp was infested with iguanas, called the tower and the sent out the fire service to chase them off with brooms – iguanas look like slow slothful things when sunning themselves but when they get up on tip-toes, wow they can move:)

Last Edited by Ebbie2003 at 16 Dec 13:42
Barbados

Ahah interesting thing the iguanas on the ramp :D

I got an answer from another handler in SXM called Arrindell Aviation (by Signature).
I got a very cheap (for the place) quotation: around 126€ for 2 nights with an SR22. If it’s the price, it can be very interesting.

LILV, Italy
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message