Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trogir, Croatia

10 Posts

For the summer, thinking of a place near Trogir. Any thoughts on the area. Would fly into Split.

EGTK Oxford

Do you mean a place to stay? I have apartments to rent on Solta, a 20 min taxi-boat ride from Trogir. Solta is quiet, so not the place to be if you're looking for stimulation, but perfect if you're looking for relaxation. Crystal clear water and simple, cheap restaurants serving excellent food. Trogir is a World heritage site, well worth a visit, but absolutely rammed in the summer season. Split is also fascinating. One of the few places in the world where the original Diocletian (a Woman, (you mean Roman?)) palace is still in use as the heart of the city.

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks. Yes I meant for staying.

EGTK Oxford

Looks nice but you are full when I need to go in early August. Assume there would be EuroGA rates for forum members!

EGTK Oxford

It's fine to post this - for active forum contributors

Looks very nice.

I once worked out that it costs less to park a plane at Split LDSP and take Easyjet to it every 2 weeks than to park it at Bournemouth EGHH. No kidding. The only problem I see is that there is little or no hangarage down those parts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I'm looking forward to the day when I can fly the Falco down there; and have been for about three years now..............

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks for the help. Going to Brac.

EGTK Oxford

Hello JasonC

LDSB is the better way to go. LDSB is a nice airport and very les traffic.

LDSP has only little space for parking and a lot of holiday traffic. The airport has open 24 h, but you need an agreement for arrival and parking from Ground OPS Centre also for GA flights. To get an agreement for parking more than 40 min is harder than to win in lottery but not impossible. Some years ago I get a parking agreement for one week. On arrival the tower did not bevel me and routed me to LDSB. I did not follow him, give him the dates of my parking agreement and it takes the whole arriving leg to find the papers on the tower for my landing clearance.

Really looking forward to it. Staying in Splitska.

EGTK Oxford
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message