Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A 1186m direct

I did 7.6 hours direct Sarasota FL to Zelienople PA last month in my 182. Only 812nm, but I’m a bit slower and had 20 – 25kts on the nose most of the way. Not too bad at all, with 2 axis autopilot and entertainment Bluetooth-ed into the intercom.

In March I’m planning to try and fly non-stop from Los Angeles to Bangor, Maine. About 2500nm.

Kent, UK

My long flight went well in the end. I chose Daytona Beach FL to Santa Monica CA and did it in 16.5 hours non-stop in my 182. The autopilot failed in Florida, which was a bit of a shame though.

Kent, UK

Katamarino wrote:

My long flight went well in the end. I chose Daytona Beach FL to Santa Monica CA and did it in 16.5 hours non-stop in my 182. The autopilot failed in Florida, which was a bit of a shame though.

Wow, that’s crazy! 16.5 hours hand flying? Seriously? What kind of tanks do you have in there? Route ?

70kts cruise for 16.5h that is a long approach to land for a C182 ;)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Whoops, Santa Maria, not Santa Monica. About 2,100nm e-route. Turtlepac in the back, and 111 gallons in the wings with Flint tanks.

Kent, UK

That’s hard core…..

PS: Pretty respectable GS, given you were flying into the prevailing winds

Last Edited by 172driver at 19 Mar 21:33

Wow! How did you not fall asleep?

always learning
LO__, Austria

I admire your endurance but why would you do that?

Last Edited by JasonC at 19 Mar 22:24
EGTK Oxford

Katamarino wrote:

Whoops, Santa Maria, not Santa Monica. About 2,100nm e-route

That make sense then, impressive, takes 3 days of sleep to recover from such flight

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Mar 23:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Lots of podcasts and handflying kept me awake. It was to test the ferry fuel system performance and operation for an upcoming around-the-world flight. Decided I’d rather do it once over land than learn as I go along over 2,100nm of open ocean!

Kent, UK
Sign in to add your message